Our valued sponsor

Looking for advise for company structure small trading firms offshore

Evolve

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for advise on the best tax juridiction with lower administration cost to support the creation of a small trading & investment funds.
The fund will be trading assets type such as cryptocurrency as well as stocks and other derivatives. The initial capital will be around 40k$.
We will be 2 partners, with track records trading above asset, and as per the low initial capital, might also be looking into joining incubator (came across harneys and offshorecompany.com)
After some investigation it seems BVI to be a recommended place for this type of business.

Would appreciate any feedback/insights on typical company structure with such size, bank accounts type, if good idea to join incubator based on real life experience, and/or if other juridiction are really worth considering (Seychelles/Vanuatu/Cayman) ?

Thank you,

After some investigation it seems BVI to be a recommended place for this type of business.
BVI may in the future require you to get a license.

In addition consider substance....
Banking....

Etc

Singapore is the norm, but also means living there usually - at least one Director.

Cayman would be another good place, Bahamas also.

Rule out Seychelles...Vanuatu, Marshall etc...

Hello,

I am looking for advise on the best tax juridiction with lower administration cost to support the creation of a small trading & investment funds.
The fund will be trading assets type such as cryptocurrency as well as stocks and other derivatives. The initial capital will be around 40k$.
We will be 2 partners, with track records trading above asset, and as per the low initial capital, might also be looking into joining incubator (came across harneys and offshorecompany.com)

Would appreciate any feedback/insights on typical company structure with such size, bank accounts type, if good idea to join incubator based on real life experience, and/or if other juridiction are really worth considering (Seychelles/Vanuatu/Cayman) ?

Thank you,

Hey,

Having two partners who bring money to the legal vehicle does not require an investment fund license, as long as you don’t accept third-party investors.

So I am not sure if you really need a full investment fund, or initially with such capital you can set up a simple partnership or foundation (which would be much cheaper and can be done even in the EU).

As regards “incubators” many people use them for other reasons – to obtain privacy. So if you wish just to have a vehicle to invest with your partner I don’t believe it is worth spending money on it.

Latest Threads