Our valued sponsor

Mister Tango s**t service

Update after 48 hours after the last mail from them:
due to our internal procedures and investigations based on regulators' requirements, we decided to close your account. Please send us your personal another bank account details where we could send your remaining balance.

Waiting for your response,

I have send everything to them a few minutes after I received this e-mail. Also asking them to confirm what amount they will send, let's see where this is going.

I got exactly the same email (having a template means it's not a rare case :))
my balance was pretty small (a few hundreds) and it was processed in about two days - I think you're ok

Reactions: JohnLocke
@Admin Thanks for update. It looks like you are getting your money back at least.

Right now I just want my account closed. It does not take much guessing to know whats coming for an obscure Lithuanian EMI that processed 1.2bn euros (majority undocumented crypto related payments) in one year nai¤%.

in the end I rejected to provide my personal tax declaration which was totally irrelevant to the case

Did they ask for your personal tax declaration? ns2 I am tax neutral but would be interesting to know where they are going with the questioning.

Did they ask for your personal tax declaration? ns2 I am tax neutral but would be interesting to know where they are going with the questioning.

yes, they did
I believe it's because I provided everything else they asked before and they were simply looking for a reason to close my account - so they asked for something making no sense and got what they wanted

what does "tax neutral" mean btw? like not being tax resident anywhere?

yes, they did
I believe it's because I provided everything else they asked before and they were simply looking for a reason to close my account - so they asked for something making no sense and got what they wanted

Ok so they were hunting for any excuse :(. I thought they might be playing tax detective and building case against clients to aid external investigations into tax avoidance via crypto ns2.

Ok so they were hunting for any excuse :(. I thought they might be playing tax detective and building case against clients to aid external investigations into tax avoidance via crypto ns2.
yes, it's that simple I believe

I had nothing to do with crypto at mistertango

as I already mentioned I also smelled a bit personal level in the communication - maybe someone was a bit surprised by the numbers seen and source of income, hard to say - but it seem to be a wider issue looking at the other cases at the same time

btw the tax neutrality is interesting - never heard about that
however it's difficult for me to see it differently - taxation is a crime no matter what noble reasons are behind it - theft committed by a state - I pay my taxes because I'd go to jail, it's sad and I don't want to live in this kind of world forever

Seems they indeed send the money, however, I got the below after they send 204 EURO to my account as instructed:
Hello,

thank you for contacting Mistertango support and for your information.
Please be informed, that the remaining balance has been transferred and your account has been closed.

Please find the statement of made transfer in the attachment.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Rimtautė
Mistertango support
www.mistertango.com

But not a single word about 2 SEPA transfers I initiated and which they confirmed were on hold, that's several thousands. - Anyway, I send them a request to ask what the status is for these transactions, let's see if they show up on my account or if more troubles is waiting.

Regardless what the incitament is to do what they do or to request the information they request, then they should simply not stop any operating account, put executed transactions on hold or freeze any money. They should ask for what they want to ask and tell people that the account will be closed if they don't provide the requested information within XX days. That would be the right way of doing it.

The way Mister Tango is dealing with all of this is not right and for sure even though I have the documentation and information they requested then I don't want to deal with them any longer.

Reactions: Spinat
But not a single word about 2 SEPA transfers I initiated and which they confirmed were on hold, that's several thousands. - Anyway, I send them a request to ask what the status is for these transactions, let's see if they show up on my account or if more troubles is waiting.

maybe another team/person is dealing with the pending transaction... I also had a few bucks in my balance which was returned fast but the pending payment took ages - but now I'm optimistic that you'll get it back eventually

Regardless what the incitament is to do what they do or to request the information they request, then they should simply not stop any operating account, put executed transactions on hold or freeze any money. They should ask for what they want to ask and tell people that the account will be closed if they don't provide the requested information within XX days. That would be the right way of doing it.

The way Mister Tango is dealing with all of this is not right and for sure even though I have the documentation and information they requested then I don't want to deal with them any longer.

of course it should be dealt differently but it's no surprise, don't you remember sata/leopay?
these services are either for some reason run by idiots or there is simply a good reason - maybe problems with cashflow, not enough liquidity, operating the funds, ponzi... obstructions for a few weeks bring them maybe very cheap loans

Reactions: JohnLocke
Concerning mistertango, I have opened a personal account with the idea to open a business one but since this thread , I left the idea.
But do you think it s risky to use the personal one for incoming money 1500-2000/ monthes?

MT is (was?) nice for small amount (max 1000,-) for larger transactions you always had to provide documents and this would take weeks.

I was never able to open a company account (fully legit), and after they closed their credit cards, changed their fee strcuture and their ToS I've not used it anymore.

It served a purpose.

great for you @Admin - still not a single word from MT about my money! They closed the account and send me a PDF attached. Now I can't login nor show them which PENDING transactions wasn't send. I have an e-mail where they confirm they put pending outgoing transactions on hold until I provided the documents.

That was before I asked them to close the account. Now I'm waiting for my almost 3000 euro to appear on my account! :(

Yes I got my money after all. They closed the account and all is good. Won't use them anymore.

Interesting stories... im thinking of setting up one at them... but not sure, i set up our corporate account at paysera.com instead. No issues for my type of business (cloud business). 100€ account opening fee at paysera.com

Yes I got my money after all. They closed the account and all is good. Won't use them anymore.

Such small little things speak in favor of Lithuania. Reading between the lines, it seems a Lithuanian junk-EMI is more credible than a fully licensed bank from Malta. The IT businessman who left Malta after Satabank closure and wrote an article how Eastern Europe is a better choice did not over-react.

If you want to discuss Malta, Lithuanian banks or other then please open a new thread or I will close this one. Please stick to the thread title and only post if you have something useful to supply yo this thread.

Reactions: devnull