Our valued sponsor

Multi-million net operating losses in HK - what should I do?

snaxks1

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I ran a startup that was aimed at selling financial digital services aimed at Mainland China, with a LTD registered in Hong Kong since late 2015.

Unfortunately the startup was a failure due to huge and massive development costs that are associated with Chinese development.

Currently it has booked net-operating-losses of 4.9m HKD (625k USD, in todays exchange-rate), and has no third-party-obligations (loans, notes etc), since it was financed by my own money.

It has no bank-account as it was closed down, as there was pocket-change in it.

I am not certain as to what the worth of it is, since 50% of the booked losses seems very steep for most people I have looked into selling to.

Would 10-15% of the losses be a reasonable figure to sell it for?

Currently it is just sitting there and I have no idea on what to do with it, as I have to renew the business registration every year and pay the virtual office fee (Jumpstart), which basically costs me money and unnecessary hassles.

Any advice on what I should do?

Reactions: negon
Have you spoken to a company dealer? There are many that sell companies which have booked losses. You may also ask your tax advisor in HK if he has some connections. That may be the right way.

Have you spoken to a company dealer? There are many that sell companies which have booked losses. You may also ask your tax advisor in HK if he has some connections. That may be the right way.

I have tried some randoms I found on Google but I never got any response via email.
Any suggestions?

You need professional help more than in one way!

Elaborate!

The company got any financial license?

No, it's just a company with a bunch of losses.
I just honestly want to get rid of it as soon as possible, thinking of deregistering it since it seems to be such a hassle if I don't find an interested party.

I have tried some randoms I found on Google but I never got any response via email.
Any suggestions?

Elaborate!

No, it's just a company with a bunch of losses.
I just honestly want to get rid of it as soon as possible, thinking of deregistering it since it seems to be such a hassle if I don't find an interested party.
you try to sell something on a sneaky way. Go away, you must go away! :eek:

Latest Threads