Our valued sponsor

my journey to buy crypto with a prepaid card entropay

extremedox101

road walker
Pro Member
Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
i started to think seriously to put money in crypto when price of bitcoin hit 5,000 , at that stage my passport was ready for renewal so i couldn't verify myself with emi or crypto exchange . i sat two/three months till i got it . first i tried epayments because they accept affiliate payments and crypto friendly + have iban and card (sound perfect to hit bunch of birds with one stone ) maybe i could receive payments then cash out with bitcoin >> ideal. but it was too good to be true . they wasted my time asked too many stupid questions and never able to verify me nothing serious at all just some je*k off guys .

at same time i went to bitstamp to have a backup exchange if i ever needed to use wire .
bitstamp support were swamped they didn't get to me quick , usually every week or two on average . anyway it took 6 months to verify account after long requests . i had to check other options that possibly accept cards vcc bitit and coinmama .

bitit asked me to send clear photos and everything should be visible (me+passport+bitit word ) in 4 days after several attempts they verified me it was not the easiest ... support respond instantly same guy but tend to be rude . i went through steps to make my first deposit but their credit card processor only accept secure code . jesus i didn't know entropay can't afford this feature . but didn't bother myself with bitit ..

temporary i thought of buying cashlib using entropay from dutch provider then convert cashlib into bitcoin with bitit, total fees using method 11% plus bitit send less coin but the total sum for me 20% . been good for 2 weeks then each order got halted with the payment processor of that provider. again wtf!! this time i invest more hours in searching if there are some crypto exchange left who care less about securecode visa or mc. some of reports show coinmama .

nevertheless the name isn't awesome i give it a test . i sent my documents i waited like a week before they get accepted but process is simple no questions and no further requests . while waiting several hot chicks were hitting me and welcoming me . when i tried to place new orders all of them got rejected (payment failed try another card ) so i e-mailed the support . i haven't received clear answer at any time , support advice me to try other card issuer . i told them it's not possible to use my main card because crypto activity is not allowed . this did worry me they said it's matter of luck it's work for some but does not work for others (too vague). almost after two weeks i was pissed off i cant buy coin sh*t . but it's seemed like securecode problem, hell !!

couple of days later i found answer on quora saying cex.io is fine with virtual cards no 3d secure .wow this must be my last change i opened a ticket with them , they answered all questions and i give them my proof of address first because i did not want to get rejected for low priority document . not less than week the support approved this document so i started sending serious documents . my selfie with card was rejected 2 times for various reasons . anyway the verification it's not really hard as many comments made about cex.io . apart from taking screenshot of your screen to show a virtual card + selfie on high quality is too difficult to achieve . also putting card numbers in front of them is terrible idea . if it was not virtual i would not do it . last month cex work like expected no issues with payments and i sent crypto to wallet .

few days ago i wanted to buy more but got errors , sent message they told me for security reason they blocked the bank of entropay . and advice to try another card ?? holy s**t this just useless why even verifying myself and sharing my id to have same consequence . now back to square one stupi#21stupi#21 i will use virwox period via skrill not only because it's has similar fees to all exchanges that take credit card i discussed here but even high privacy and monthly limit is 5,000 after 90 days of exchange which isn't much different than basic tier on coinmama ( 5,000) , bitit (3,000 max) , cex( 3,000) . cex.io is ok in my book but like many of these exchanges they change policies the other day .

Thank you very much for publishing your experience / journey!

days ago i wanted to buy more but got errors , sent message they told me for security reason they blocked the bank of entropay . and advice to try another card ?? holy s**t this just useless why even verifying myself and sharing my id to have same consequence . now back to square one stupi#21stupi#21
This sucks indeed. I hope you will find a solution that will last! The crypto market is interesting, and I have spent a lot of money there already.

Reactions: extremedox101