Our valued sponsor

neat.hk and CRS compliance

iwanttobefree

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys,

I have set up an offshore company not long ago in Hong Kong and i have both a business and a personal account using Neat.

Just recently i got aware that Hong Kong has joined OECD group of countries and CRS compliance is a requirement.

My question is if Neat is required to comply with this since it does not have a virtual banking licence. it is licensed as a money service operator I have looked on their terms and conditions and found no reference to this.

Thanks in advance!

Hello guys,

I have set up an offshore company not long ago in Hong Kong and i have both a business and a personal account using Neat.

Just recently i got aware that Hong Kong has joined OECD group of countries and CRS compliance is a requirement.

My question is if Neat is required to comply with this since it does not have a virtual banking licence. it is licensed as a money service operator I have looked on their terms and conditions and found no reference to this.

Thanks in advance!
Hello from Hong Kong. Neat doesnt have a license, it just a reseller of another Bank that has it (Standard Charter), this for sure will be reported to the HK Tax Authorities that at the same time will be reported on request by your resident country. Its not automatic as its a company bank account.

For personal prepaid card account its no reported as not included under CRS

Neat doesnt have a license, it just a reseller of another Bank that has it (Standard Charter
That's a huge sign to not go that route but are you sure about this?

That's a huge sign to not go that route but are you sure about this?
It was in the past

Now they are using another bank, not sure wich one as I stopped working with them

They are with bank of China now.

Hello from Hong Kong. Neat doesnt have a license, it just a reseller of another Bank that has it (Standard Charter), this for sure will be reported to the HK Tax Authorities that at the same time will be reported on request by your resident country. Its not automatic as its a company bank account.

For personal prepaid card account its no reported as not included under CRS

Just to make sure I understood well. They will only report if the tax authority from my country requests to HK Tax authority, is this correct?

Thank you so much for your reply

And by the way, neat business is a multi-currency account. They are partners with a bank in UK and the bank of China HK. Not sure if this is relevant information for the case, but I used UK account for receiving one or two payments.

Hello guys,

Thanks in advance!

Did you incorporate your company by Neat or somewhere else?

Latest Threads