Our valued sponsor

joeytamlovebusiness

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Dear experinced fellow:

Here is my situation .

First of all, to prevent chargeback fraud, i want a cryptocurrency as a payment method for my website

Second , as it is for payment purpose(not for investment) i want it to have a fixed rate with a fiat currency

Third, i also need a bank account to store
the balance and a payment processor provder (credit card) for my customer to deposit my crypto wallet

in this case

Do i need a license for my own cryptocurrency?
Do i need an EMI to provide api and an account for the storage of balance?
thanks to you all, this is a very useful forum Btw

Your post is slightly confusing to me. May be some senior member can help you.

First of all, to prevent chargeback fraud, i want a cryptocurrency as a payment method for my website

Second , as it is for payment purpose(not for investment) i want it to have a fixed rate with a fiat currency

USDT , Tether.

Third, i also need a bank account to store
the balance and a payment processor provder (credit card) for my customer to deposit my crypto wallet

As you stated you need Crypto-currency as Payment method for website. For that you need a Crypto wallet.

Crypto Wallet -> Crypto Exchange (or EMI with Exchange) ->Local Bank.

Do i need a license for my own cryptocurrency?

You mean to say your business. Well, it might depend on the Jurisdiction where you will register your Company.

As @nav says it depends on your jurisdiction. In some countries (e.g. Bangladesh) crypto is illegal. In some countries (e.g. Georgia) it is illegal for a local business to take payment for goods and services from local customers in anything other than the local fiat currency.

In a lot of places you don't need a license to charge customers using crypto, but you might need to account for VAT and income or corporate taxes. You might also need to collect some KYC information depending on trade size.

You could insist on customers sensing USDT, USDC, GUSD or whatever but If you are in a jurisdiction supported by some service like Coinbase Commerce then I guess that is your easiest route to take a variety of crypto and receive fiat money. It's probably a bit cheaper if you accept the crypto yourself and then convert it to fiat, but then you need to be comfortable with crypto wallets, Web APIs, etc..

Latest Threads