Our valued sponsor

Nevis vs Seychelles

duckone

Sep 19, 2022
Thailand
Visit site
I'm thinking of incorporating my adult business in Nevis or Seychelles.
Both are no longer in the EU blacklist, both seem great for privacy and auditing.

What should be my reasons to prefer one over the other?

Also, I see that both jurisdictions have 15% withholding tax for non residents.
Does that mean that dividends will be charged 15% or being a non-resident company also means exemption for this tax?

Thanks!

I would choose a Nevis company in your place. Adult is very difficult to place anywhere also with Neobanks and EMI's - if you on Top have a Seychelles company you will face even more problems if not a complete shut down of your project because of a lack of finding the banking you need.

It's a little easier with Nevis for some reasons payment processors better like Nevis over the Seychelles, same for neobanks.

Reactions: duckone
Hmm first you need to know how your business is structured.
If you do affiliate marketing, then you can go offshore with ease.

But when your offshore company needs to send invoices to other companies (including your own ones) located in high tax countries, these invoices will not be accepted by their local tax offices. When this happens, the value of the invoices will not be calculated as expenses.

Offshore these days works only with the right business types which do not need to send out invoices to companies located in high tax countries.

But when your offshore company needs to send invoices to other companies (including your own ones) located in high tax countries, these invoices will not be accepted by their local tax offices. When this happens, the value of the invoices will not be calculated as expenses.

Any idea where I can find more info about that?
Specifically, if I open a Singapore company later on, will they accept invoices from Nevis / Seychelles?

You want to send invoices from a entity that may be owned by a Nevis / Seychelles company. You could register a UK LTD which invoices would be accepted.

Reactions: khinkali
Any idea where I can find more info about that?
Specifically, if I open a Singapore company later on, will they accept invoices from Nevis / Seychelles?

It depends which high tax jurisdiction you need to do business with. Every high tax juridiction defines it's own Low-Tax-Barriers (like 20,15 or 10%). When an offshore jurisdiction is below this barrier, invoices of these offshore jurisdictions will be declined. If you consider that many offshore jurisdictions have 0% tax, the problem is obvious.

Latest Threads