Our valued sponsor

Question New country as my base

Puzel12

Dec 26, 2021
Warsaw
Visit site
Currently, I am living in Thailand, but I am from Poland. I am thinking about moving around again and not having one place to call home. Probably I will stay some time in Thailand, Poland, Spain and the rest of time just travel.

I am looking for a country where I can base myself (tax wise) that will be beneficial and as easy as possible.

I am currently making about 6-8k$ profit / month. Will Dubai be too expensive to set up? I was also considering Cyprus. Any other advices are welcome. Just a country where I can stay less than 183 days and still be tax resident there + own company with the least requirements possible. I heard Dubai makes sense for those who earn at least ~150k$ yearly, but considering the new law that requires only 90 days to become tax resident, wouldn't it be worth it? Stay 90 days in Dubai and the rest of the time be where ever I feel like?

I am also resident of the Czech Republic and I can use self-employed tax to my advantage = pay ~17% tax. Very easy setup.

Reactions: troubled soul
I will not advice you Dubai with this income....

Look into Mauritius or Caribbean country like Bahamas....
Georgia has nice visa and tax law
Panama and Costa rica are Good retirement friendly......
There are many choices
BTW Why you are leaving Thailand ?/ Which thing you did not like ? What are the reason for leaving Thailand ? So We can help you with overcome that problem with new country

There are many choices
BTW Why you are leaving Thailand ?/ Which thing you did not like ? What are the reason for leaving Thailand ? So We can help you with overcome that problem with new country

About Thailand, mostly I didn't like visa laws. I am earning more and more money and I started to be worried if Thailand come back to me in the future and try to tax me. Technically, even with elite visa you are not allowed to work in Thailand, and I am not interested in setting up a Thai Company.
I am not feeling as safe as I thought to be tax resident of Thailand.

About Thailand, mostly I didn't like visa laws. I am earning more and more money and I started to be worried if Thailand come back to me in the future and try to tax me. Technically, even with elite visa you are not allowed to work in Thailand, and I am not interested in setting up a Thai Company.
better to register company some where tax free and enjoy living in Thailand

Cyprus can be a great option in combination with a territorial tax regime such as Thailand but careful planning is required.

Happy to PM you if more details are required
Can you send me PM about estimated costs?

better to register company some where tax free and enjoy living in Thailand
That's why I was considering Dubai, but I think structure cost can still be too high for my income, right? I can't register BVI because I own a service-based business, so I also care about the reputation of the jurisdiction where my company is established.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyprusBusiness
I am living in Thailand, but I am from Poland
Thailand is a tax haven if structured correctly.

You do offshore via a company, and at the beginning of the new tax year bring your funds into reside, it's a territorial tax country.

Reactions: troubled soul
I will not advice you Dubai with this income....

There are many choices
I disagree with this. He can setup in Dubai and live in cheap Emirate. The rest, he can live elsewhere.

Mauritius company is a lot more expensive than Dubai, they will ask for 10k$.
Panama is an expensive place for being de facto not a workable solution any longer.

I disagree with this. He can setup in Dubai and live in cheap Emirate. The rest, he can live elsewhere.

Mauritius company is a lot more expensive than Dubai, they will ask for 10k$.
Panama is an expensive place for being de facto not a workable solution any longer.
Noted......Yes It is nice setup...Live in cheap Emirate......Thanks for suggestion...never thought about it

You do offshore via a company, and at the beginning of the new tax year bring your funds into reside, it's a territorial tax country.
Note, if involved with crypto --> Thailand considers crypto world wide as taxable within Thailand.

However if you have an overseas company with substance (pay salary, office etc).

Then receive your income in the form of stablecoins following the same principle above, then it should be tax free, medium of funds coming into Thailand makes it irrelevant.

Not anymore, at least when considering the OP's idea of traveling the world.
Reason: HNWI requires a significant amount of money to be in Georgia. In addition, the HNWI status is pretty much worthless for using DTT benefits.
I wrote about it multiple times. Just use the search function.

So, with regards to Georgia his option would be ordinary taxation which requires 183 days of presence in Georgia within any 12 months rolling period.
That's certainly not what the OP wants.

This has also been discussed (at length) before: PE.

So, for a law obeying foreign resident of Thailand your suggestion is not an option.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldtimer2
Noted......Yes It is nice setup...Live in cheap Emirate......Thanks for suggestion...never thought about it
Even in Dubai there are cheaper areas and depending on your needs you can live quite comfortably in Dubai for way less than people think. It's not all Lambos and Bugattis. Studio apartments in places like Deira and Silicon Oasis can be very affordable, basics like fresh veg, fruit etc in Carrefour or Lulu Hypermarket are very well priced and if you cook for yourself daily meal costs can be super-low. Even eating out you can get massive chicken biryani for 15aed, or Chinese palace smart combo for 32aed. If you don't do bling and like the metro Dubai can be very good value :)

Reactions: Au999
Even in Dubai there are cheaper areas and depending on your needs you can live quite comfortably in Dubai for way less than people think.

sssshhhhhh u gonna jinx it

So, for a law obeying foreign resident of Thailand your suggestion is not an option.

imo the whole point of Thailand is that enforcement of most things is sloppy at best

Reactions: JackAlabama
I am also resident of the Czech Republic and I can use self-employed tax to my advantage = pay ~17% tax. Very easy setup.
for up to about 80k EUR/year CZ might be a great choice - effective tax rate (including mandatory social and health insurance) would be about 10-12% using self-employed status

Reactions: backpacker
is my profit of 7k$ per month too low to establish a company in UAE?
Just on a note. When you plan your business for the future you may also have in your budget some sort of growth of your business. What I mean is, maybe you only make 7K$/month right now, but how about the future, how much will you make in 6 months, 1 year, 2 years.

Setting up a company anywhere, be it Dubai, Cyprus, Thailand or anywhere else, should not be short term planning but long term planning.

Latest Threads