- Feb 3, 2021
Just my two cents on the DLS DUBAI service offered by Fred:
Have been in contact with Fred for almost two months now, continuously asking question upon question, without even committing yet. Fred has been very friendly and helpful and shared his expertise and recommendations nevertheless, including a personal and very informative zoom videoconference.
I have been in contact with numerous providers of offshore solutions, and many came off as too commercial, too expensive, too unpersonal, and most couldn't answer more detailed, complicated questions. (None from this board though! Ahaha).
Not so with Fred. Seems he knows what he is talking about a-z, I still haven't got "I need to look that up" replies. A onestop shop it seems.
For obvious reasons, as I haven't fully committed yet, I can't say with 110% certainty that his is kosher. I will report when service has been paid, company is operative, and the postsales commitments kick in.
For now, I feel that I am in good hands, and that is coming from someone who is totally paranoid. The positive feedbacks I read on this board adds to my confidence, too.
To be updated.
It just occurred to me that I never finished my "two cents" on DLS DUBAI. Sorry about that, Fred and Dina!
Well, formation all done. A few months back actually.
In case you are wondering (because, I was, before signing on):
1) Yes, DLS can be trusted. They are honest, flexible, creative (which is important, read on), easy to talk to, and only a phonecall away.
2) Yes, you will get what you pay for; a company setup with company bank account and personal bank account, Residence VISA good for 3 years, and Emirates ID. And that is all you need (if you’re going for the basic package).
After e-signing the service contract and paying DLS their fee, I shortly after received by email:
1) eVISA to enter Dubai as employee (of my own company)
2) Employment contract
3) Two guides, one for the Dubai VISA process and one for the bank process
4) Complete kit of company documents
Please note that the DLS fee is more or less a facilitator fee. On top of the DLS fee you pay for:
a) the company
b) the resident VISA
c) the Emirates ID
d) the healthcheck
e) the healthinsurance
f) the company stamp
- as well as any other unforeseen costs (amongst others, I had to pay an extra USD870 for a different office, as the chosen company bank changed their requirements for this). DLS was creative and found a shortterm solution, for the sake of getting approved, I just had to meet with the bankrep and do the sing and dance.
In my case, I paid more or less USD11k in total for the complete enchilada. Still, not bad for a 0% tax setup.
Add travelexpenses. Stir. Enjoy.
Fred and his staff guided me through everything mentioned, so you never felt “alone”, even if the bank took unusal long time to approve my application. Welcome to Dubai – no day is the same.
DLS/Fred will facilitate a personal bank account, but in addition I opened two on my own, just for the fun of it, and to learn the process. Easy. At least at the time I visited Dubai.
The company stamp you can either order online while in Dubai if you’re too busy or lazy, else try some sightseeing into the many small streets of Dubai, where you will easily find a store that can prepare your individual stamp while you’re waiting.
Summary: definitely recommended, whether you're a startup or an ongoing business on any level.