Our valued sponsor

Offshore account to transfer money out of China and invest it

Hi!

I tried browsing the threads but couldn't really find a topic corresponding to my situation.

I´m looking for a location to transfer some money out of China and then invest it possibly in ETFs. Trying to lower the tax on the return. Do you think it's worth it?

Being an EU national I was thinking that a SEPA location would be both safer and easier to transfer the money later. Or are there easy locations to transfer to from China?

@fshore yes I have the paperwork, I will change it before transferring out of China.

There must be a lot of people in my case in China, which location did you use to open an account? Are there any threads I missed?
So you are asking where in the world it's the best to open a brokerage account?
Interactive brokers, schwab, saxo.
China has tax treaty with USA so only 10% tax on dividends.

Reactions: Dal Johansson
Thanks for your replies. As you understood I am new to this kind of thing.

@fshore I guess that’s what I’m asking. I’m an EU citizen but I will check out the banks you mentioned. Even if the tax is lower in China, I don’t feel it’s safe to keep the money here.

Thanks for your replies. As you understood I am new to this kind of thing.

@fshore I guess that’s what I’m asking. I’m an EU citizen but I will check out the banks you mentioned. Even if the tax is lower in China, I don’t feel it’s safe to keep the money here.
Taxes very seldom relates to where you have the money.
If you use a US brokerage account then they will normally tax 30% of dividend payments, but as there is a tax treaty with China this is reduced to 10%.

Reactions: Dal Johansson

Latest Threads