Our valued sponsor

Offshore bank account in Cyprus or in Belize what's best?

plunk

Offshore Agent
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Need to know what you guys think of offshore banking in Cyprus vs. Belize banking, I read this thread invalid1c/forum/f16/list-banks-belize-directly-belize-central-bank-15806 and see there are only 5 banks there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well one of the major differences are that Cyprus has SWIFT and IBAN account number which is a benefit for European's that have to pay you or receive payment from you. Belize has only the SWIFT means wire transfers from and to the account are more expansive.

We are discussing this issue in that thread (as fas as offshore banks in Belize are concerned): "invalid1c/forum/f16/need-offshore-bank-account-belize-anyone-has-list-banks-there-8668/"

Check it out; your question about IBAN/ SWIFT is answered there. And by the way: the IBAN-System is a seperate EU-standart (only SWIFT works worldwide).

So, from my point of view, it can´t be the question, which destination is better for banking (Belize or Cyprus). It may be more important to find out by yourself, what is more convenient for you or/and your clients.

But my prior question would be: are there any restrictions for Americans to open a (corporate) bank account in Cyprus ? Admin, what is your experience ? As we all know, US citizens can´t do so in Switzerland anymore ....

Last edited by a moderator:
We are discussing this issue in that thread (as fas as offshore banks in Belize are concerned): "please, Admin, would you be so kind and insert the link to my posting about banks in Belize, I can´t link to it"
Is it the below thread you are referring to?
/forum/f16/need-offshore-bank-account-belize-anyone-has-list-banks-there-8668/

If not, just leave out the long rant. in front of the url and you will be allowed to post it ;)

Last edited:
A US citizen can open a Cyprus bank account we have helped with this before, I don't see why this should be a problem? Just be aware of that we do not recommend to do so if the goal is anonymity or privacy, since it may be way more complicated to avoid any information exchange with the US.

British Caribbean Bank International Ltd. as an Offshore bank in Belize is dealing with Bank of America in London as far as Euro- Accounts are concered. BoA is intergrated in the IBAN-System ! They also dealing with Commerzbank Frankfurt for USD-Accounts. IBAN-System as well !

Admin, a client of mine needs a Cyprus corporate account for his Belize IBC. Can you email me rates and requirements ? tropico at safe-mail.net

Admin, a client of mine needs a Cyprus corporate account for his Belize IBC. Can you email me rates and requirements ?
It depends very much on which bank your client want to open the bank account with :)

Actually there are plenty of banks in Cyprus, there is no one that is better than the other, but Piraeus, USB Bank and Bank of Cyprus are some good choices next to Laiki Marfin and Hellenic bank.