Our valued sponsor

Offshore company and Thailand tax residency.

moopsyeu

Feb 28, 2022
Thailand
Visit site
Greetings I've been thinking of how to sort out my tax situation. I have a small company in Croatia that I own and get most of my income around 50k euros a year as an IT professional. Last 3 years I've been living in Thailand and paying taxes for my home country but things have gone sour with the law and they require me to pay around 60-5 %. of my income as tax. I'm thinking about how to take advantage of the fact that now I spend all year in Thailand and have almost no ties to my original domicile. The problem I see that you usually need to show proof of employment or taxes paid back to Croatia to be not considered a tax resident. Do you think it would make sense to get hired in Thailand just to relinquish the Croatian tax residency? Also for this strategy after getting signed off will they stop looking for me if i don't spend 1 day there? My plan after that would be to open an Offshore bank and get all my income to that company and wait 1 year to take advantage of the territorial taxation. I should fit being a resident here in Thailand since I have rental agreement, driving license and most stuff you'd expect but I'm not working here. If anyone managed to do something like this would be of great help.
I don't mind paying some tax for corporate tax or anything just not up to 60 % I currently have.

Greetings I've been thinking of how to sort out my tax situation. I have a small company in Croatia that I own and get most of my income around 50k euros a year as an IT professional. Last 3 years I've been living in Thailand and paying taxes for my home country but things have gone sour with the law and they require me to pay around 60-5 %. of my income as tax. I'm thinking about how to take advantage of the fact that now I spend all year in Thailand and have almost no ties to my original domicile. The problem I see that you usually need to show proof of employment or taxes paid back to Croatia to be not considered a tax resident. Do you think it would make sense to get hired in Thailand just to relinquish the Croatian tax residency? Also for this strategy after getting signed off will they stop looking for me if i don't spend 1 day there? My plan after that would be to open an Offshore bank and get all my income to that company and wait 1 year to take advantage of the territorial taxation. I should fit being a resident here in Thailand since I have rental agreement, driving license and most stuff you'd expect but I'm not working here. If anyone managed to do something like this would be of great help.
I don't mind paying some tax for corporate tax or anything just not up to 60 % I currently have.
You can't stop paying Croatian corporate tax even if you relocate. I'd suggest incorporating offshore. One of those "ties" that determines tax residency includes having business in your original country, so that could be a problem. Maybe consult a tax lawyer? Maybe someone else here has experience with Croatia?

Ok so i've been reading a bit more into this let's see if it makes any sense. I found out about an umbrella company in thailand where i could put around 1.5k usd just so that i achieve tax residency there. Now the only problem is finding an offshore location to start a business and keep the money there for a year to avoid territorial taxation. Does anyone have any experience with this in Thailand where did you incorporate and where do you bank? The idea is to send about 20 % to this umbrella company and gain some legitimacy in Thailand and keep the rest out of Thailand.

Croatia wouldn't be a part of the question for this one anymore.