Our valued sponsor

Offshore company/bank account and payment gateways for e-commerce

Alf

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Dear All,

I plan to sell goods from Asia to the USA only (not in Europe) from my Shopify/BigCommerce/Amazon store.
I also plan to use a local storage/fulfillment service in the next future.
I'm not an US-person (no residency, no green card, no citizenship). I live in Europe.

I try to find the best juridiction to avoid :
- taxes
- accountancy
- local secretary
- VAT
- work with Amazon (some offshore juridictions are not allowed by Amazon as Belize for example)

The only juridiction which provides all these specifications is Mauritius.

I also want to work with some US payment gateways as : Paypal, 2Checkout, Skrill, Stripe, ...

But my main issue is that I cannot open a Mauritius bank account (they do not accept merchant payments from online stores and it's very complicated) so I cannot work with the payment gateways as they want the bank account in the same country of the company.
I found Leupay and Mypos as online bank accounts, but their IBAN are in a different country.
Someone told me about incorporate in Gibraltar (no taxes and very simple and cheap accountancy), but the local banks do not accept to open a account for a virtual company (only physical ones).
So every juridiction has his hassle.

I wonder if someone here was able to open US Paypal, 2Checkout, Skrill or Stripe account from an offshore company with a bank account in a different country ?
I read here that it was possible to provide a virtual company address (a fake one) in the same country of the bank to open a Paypal account.
Do they need official documents to prove the company and bank account are in the same country ?
What about other payment gateways ?
Is there a solution in that case ?

I would really appreciate your help.
Regards

You can do that with a Cyprus company, Cyprus bank account, full nominees and Cyprus VPS!
Dear Auric, I know that I can do that in Cyprus, but the cost is higher and you need an accountancy which also costs a lot.

What do you mean by VPS ?

I wonder if it exists a service like "virtual address" in the country where the bank account is located, which could be perfect for a Belize company with a virtual address in Malta and a Leupay bank account with IBAN in Malta.

bank account and company will need to be in the same country.

See reply from 2co:
I'm sorry but your bank account will need to be located where you're physically located, not where the business is registered.

bank account and company will need to be in the same country.

See reply from 2co:
I'm sorry but your bank account will need to be located where you're physically located, not where the business is registered.

Thank you auric. I just wonder if a virtual address could work with Paypal for example. So I won't work with 2co.

Sorry to insist, but some people here opened a US Paypal account from offshore company and bank account with success !!
I also found that it was possible to incorporate in Belize which could be the owner of a Wyoming LLC. Your benefits : a US based company, EIN, bank account and no taxes as the LLC is owned by a foreign entity. You just have to pay a US accountant to make sure all the files are ok.
Do users here want to keep some "secret" ?

You may check 2co they also handle paypal!

Virtual office works if you get some from a real provider.

In the case I choose Cyprus (company + USD bank account) to sell to the US, do I need a USD Payoneer account to transfer money from PayPal or whatever payment gateway or the Cyprus USD account is enough ?
Do I have to open a US PayPal account or just use my Cyprus one in my US shopify store ?
Does someone know a cheap accountant for a Cyprus company as this is the main issue with the cost of this service ?

Sorry to post again, but I read a lot of threads here and there are contradictory details regarding Offshore Company + Offshore Bank account + PayPal (or other payment gateway).

Someone posted the following information :
If you need use paypal you have these options,
- European Company with bank in Europe
- Non-European Company but need use US Bank account. (You can use Credit card for withdrawals but take care about the fees)

What about Non-European company with a European bank account (Belize company + Cyprus/Malta bank account for example) ?

Then, someone else posted that you do not need the bank account in the same country of the company to open a PayPal account.

So, finally, this is true or wrong ??

What about Non-European company with a European bank account (Belize company + Cyprus/Malta bank account for example) ?
it's not going to work any longer! PayPal require the company and bank account to be in the same country!

Reactions: ssldn
it's not going to work any longer! PayPal require the company and bank account to be in the same country!
Thank you Admin. So I understand that it was working before and policy changed since then.

Regarding the Belize IBC + bank account, is it still possible to have a Paypal account even if I live in Europe ?

Do we have to use a VPS to connect locally ?

VPS is required.

I'm testing something right now. I managed to add a Cyprus debit card to my PP account and try to withdraw to the card, not sure if it is going through but will have an answer in a few days.

Otherwise, you want to setup a company for instant in Cyprus with Cyprus bank account and open a Cyprus PP account with your Cyprus debit card. There is a Cyprus VPS provider on this forum, they used to advertise here last month I think.

Otherwise you may travel to the UK, for company, bank account and PP account and use a UK VPS provider to connect to the account.

If you can use 2checkout which also support PayPal payments you can use a simple Cyprus, Malta, UK setup, they also require bank account and company to be in the same country but they are easy to apply with.

Regarding the Belize IBC + bank account, is it still possible to have a Paypal account even if I live in Europe ?
yes it is, you may see @diablo 's reply that was posted faster than mine :)

Thank you both ;)
I know about Cyprus, but the accounting sems to be a hell in term of process (a lot of paperwork but also a fu.... AUDIT!!!) and cost !!!
Also, the incorporation price and annual renewal are higher than the most other juridictions.
So if you add incorporation price + renewal + accounting + audit, it costs an arm !!
In the other hand, you do not pay any tax!!
This is why I was thinking about Belize which I can use to create my Shopify/BigCommerce store (not Amazon in the other hand.....doesn't matter).

Dear Auric, I know that I can do that in Cyprus, but the cost is higher and you need an accountancy which also costs a lot.

What do you mean by VPS ?

I wonder if it exists a service like "virtual address" in the country where the bank account is located, which could be perfect for a Belize company with a virtual address in Malta and a Leupay bank account with IBAN in Malta.
I don't know how to Google VPS

Latest Threads