Our valued sponsor

Offshore company to protect from bankruptcy, will my assets be gone?

new-to-offshore

Offshore Agent
Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Huge problem my company that has been around for almost 3 years, is in the middle of an bankruptcy there are still assets and also some money in the company is it to late to get at least the money out before the bad man comes?

My lawyer says that it isn't illegal to do so but I don't care I don't want the company's creditors to run with it. Can the assets also be take out? most assets are furnitures, office assecories and art.

If a offshore company can help how to go about it please help to explain? :embarassed:

Well, hypothetically, your only chance would be to invoice this company before it is official declared bankruptcy, but in many countries it would be a criminal task to do so and a court would roll back such transaction with a dispute.

This would also require you to have access to the companies bank account so you actually can make any bank transfers from the current account to the offshore account.

Sometimes you can be lucky enough to slip away with such an action while other times it will hurt you badly depending on how deep the creditors and lenders pockets are.

If you have any connection to a good lawyer it may be the best to consult him for advise.

Reactions: new-to-offshore
suzy said:
What would happen if the bank account is already frozen? I guess it will not be possible any longer :(
It won't since how will you access your funds?

new-to-offshore said:
Hi,
Huge problem my company that has been around for almost 3 years, is in the middle of an bankruptcy there are still assets and also some money in the company is it to late to get at least the money out before the bad man comes?

My lawyer says that it isn't illegal to do so but I don't care I don't want the company's creditors to run with it. Can the assets also be take out? most assets are furnitures, office assecories and art.

If a offshore company can help how to go about it please help to explain? :embarassed:
If you are still around woukld you mind to post the outcome please? I'm really interested to know how this went out for you.

I'm sure it is not the most funny thing to discuss, but of course it would be interesting to hear what happen.