Our valued sponsor

Offshore locations without tax treaty with Spain

delabore

Offshore Agent
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendation where I should start an offshore company when living in Spain and wanting to avoid taxes? I read somewhere that if Spain(the country you live in) does not have a tax treaty with the offshore country, any personal information requests would be ignored? Would I still need the nominee director and shareholder services?

What would be the best location to open a bank account?

Thanks!

EDIT: the business I'm planning to start is legit - software downloads. I want to setup a merchant account quickly too.

delabore said:
Does anyone have any recommendation where I should start an offshore company when living in Spain and wanting to avoid taxes? I read somewhere that if Spain(the country you live in) does not have a tax treaty with the offshore country, any personal information requests would be ignored?
Generally speaking - yes, just stay clear of anything serious like money laundering other than tax evasion, trafficking, terrorism, or other serious criminal activities.

delabore said:
Would I still need the nominee director and shareholder services?
Typically not needed if there is no TIEA or DTA between, in your case, Spain and the offshore jurisdiction.

delabore said:
What would be the best location to open a bank account?
Identify jurisdiction with no tax treaties with Spain. At a quick glance at the most common offshore jurisdictions, there doesn't seem to be any tax treaties between Spain and UAE, Samoa, Seychelles, Belize, Anguilla, and Mauritius; you should check this more in-depth though.

Thank you Zqq!

My first plan was to start the company in Seychelles. But from what I've seen, that could give me problems getting a merchant account. Is it easier to get merchant accounts with any of the others mentioned by Zqq?

Belize and Mauritius have local banks that offer merchant accounts (acquiring) and getting an account is usually quite simple if you have a company there.

The same goes for UAE but the banks will almost always require your physical presence.

Reactions: delabore
Has anyone had any experience with Mauritius Commercial Bank? The agency I've contacted about starting a Beilze company can help us opening a bank account there. They wrote that MCB cannot offer us a merchant account, but "other payment gateway solutions".

Do you think I would have any trouble getting a "real" merchant account with a Belize company and mauritius bank?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want this thread to be turned into a merchant account thread, but think below will be useful for you to know.

You may contact Money Transfer Services - Secure Payment Gateway for Payment Processing for merchant account and payment processing in Mauritius they have been in business for many years... also they may be able to help you further with your processing needs.

If it is established business and you have processing history you may look at Payment Processor – Online Payment Processing & Gateway | FAC they are located in Bermuda.