Our valued sponsor

Offshore setup for Import-Export business

zaniCh

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi all!

I need some advices about a company structure for import-export.
I live in EU, and I want to launch an import-export business between Asia, Africa, EU. Most products (not all) will be labelled as "high risk" and will mainly be : pharmaceuticals/medical, cigarette/tobacco, alcohol, chemicals.
Altought this will be the main targeted products, I want my future company to be versatile and be able to import and export a wide range of other products from time to time, like clothes, electronics or agriculture products for example.
I don't want the director and shareholder's names to be public and i want "very low" to no paperwork, so my first tought was to go for a Seychelles IBC or Mauritius GBC2, but apparently, the reputation of these aren't that good. I've read some things about Brunei IBC but it seems quite expensive for an IBC.
So i have think about maybe to create an offshore IBC and uses this same company to act as director and shareholder for a more reputable jurisdiction. I've thought about Gibraltar for that one (but if there are more suggestion i'm all for it).
Gibraltar has a good reputation, low tax, account filling is required but it's not a problem, and it's in EU without really being in it.
So, I need versatile company who runs smoothly, medium to cheap maintenance cost, I need it to have verylow-to-no paperwork, no accounts filling prefered but not a must, and a good privacy (like no public informations).
At some points I considered incorporate a company in Hong Kong. I almost made the mistake and then I found this thread on the forum : Hong Kong is a trap, a fake good offshore jurisdiction , it definively banned HongKong from my project.
I dont want Singapore as well, as the entering ticket is very high for that one.
As a side note, I don't exclude the use of "darks" for this business project, as long as it's allows me to conduct my business smoothly and peacefully.
Only Seychelles IBC ? Or Seychelles IBC + Gibraltar(or other) Company ?

By the way, i wish to talk about the banks option and possibilities later in this thread.

What are your thoughts ? I'm open for all suggestions, and if you have experience with import-export using offshore companies, espiecially IBC, i'd like ot hear from your advices!

Thanks a lot!

Gibraltar has tier 1 reputation among offshore jurisdictions but the cost is that they are selective with the activities they allow. For pharma, tobacco and alchocol, chemicals, you will need to obtain a license or demonstrate that you have obtained license in your place of operation (latter is for when you opt for a non-resident company with no local presence).

I'm using Gibraltar company for greenfield e-commerce and must say that the initial due diligence of starting a company is harder than in many high tax countries.

Before you brainstorm any further, figure out if they will let you in. I'm pretty sure that with 4 high risk activities you won't even be allowed to incorporate.

Thanks for your usefull answers. Sorry if I'm kinda late to answer.

You can try to do something like Seychelles IBC as the parent company, and Gibraltar LDT for invoices because your customers will have problems with the taxman accepting invoices from Seychelles(and because most customers will reject to do business with a company from Seychelles,Belice...)
Or for example a Wyoming LLC as the parent company and a Gibraltar company if you wanna have a company in Europe(but your customers won't have any problem for accept the invoices from a LLC in Wyoming) the only problem I can see with Wyoming is that you will have to apply for a license for products like tobacco,alcohol and pharma products

So i see the problems related to licences, taxman, country of incorporation.

Do you know any country where such licenses dosent exists or arent needed, or arent enforced ? Or at least a country who doesn't care.
If the import/export operation doesnt involve at all the country where the company is registred, are licences still needed ? For example, company registred in A,
but import/export operation are only between B and C. If there are and if you know such countries, please tell.
What if client and client's taxman doesnt care about doing business with a Seychelles IBC ?
And finally, why a taxman in the client's country will pose a problem. If a client decide to order such products that are labeled as "high risk" involving a Seychelles IBC
he already knows what is up to, and with what he's dealing with right ?

Before you brainstorm any further, figure out if they will let you in. I'm pretty sure that with 4 high risk activities you won't even be allowed to incorporate.

You're right. I have contacted some offshore service providers for Gibraltar, all but 2 refused based on the products.
The other 2 said they're ok with it and proposed me to incorporate it, but to not disclose what product i'm dealling with for the incorporation process, plus some other shady things...

I am in a similar situation - looking to set up an import/export operation - but mainly to/from the EU. One of the things though, with Import/Export activities is that you have access to proper banking (i.e. to open L/C's etc.) and ideally this needs to be done with a reputable bank in a reputable country. Otherwise the counterparty may hesitate to conduct trade. An offshore company might be an obstacle.

I've done some reasearch on the ATF website and some others, and it's mentionned nowhere about triangular operations involving these "high risk" products, but as you said, they seems a way more concerned about firearms.
You know more on this subject than I do, so can you please tell where to find precise informations about this ? Or maybe I simply need to contact an incorporate angency or lawler from there ?

On the other side a Wyoming LLC seems to be a pretty good company for a general import-export company.

For a triangular general import-export company, do the taxmans in EU (or elsewhere) will pose a problem about being invoiced by a Wyoming LLC who's dealing with Asian countries ?
As my project is only about triangular import-export, and considering a Wyoming LLC (USA) is a top tier, trusted place, I must be sure if that will pose any problem for the clients from the countries I will deal with.

But overall, Wyoming LLC seems a very good option I haven't think about before, I'm seeing online a lot of positive thing about it.

Reactions: negon
Ok thanks a lot!
I will dig into some more researches but i'll probably go for a Wyoming LLC. It seems to perfectly meets my needs for now.

I want to move foward and ask about the banking options now.
Do a Wyoming LLC can bank anywhere ? From an offshore bank account in IBC places like the Seychelles, Belize etc, to more respected places ?
Is that possible to easily open an account with EMI and Digital banks ? And is that possible and easy to hold multiple accounts with a Wyoming LLC ?

Latest Threads