Our valued sponsor

Online bank in € for foreigners with trading/investing features

kkein

Pro Member
Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi, i've been for some time researching what banks allow users to open accounts as non resident, and also offer trading/investing capabilities.
So far i found a couple in germany and one in italy.
I'd be interested in options in Austria or BeNeLux.
After much reading, i'd stay away of baltic banks as they seem to get easily into troubles, and also since they seem to be often under scrutiny. But i'd be happy to be confuted.
Other suggstions are also appreciated, if motivated.

I really don’t know. But why would you open a brokerage account with them anyway when you have Interactive Brokers?
What is interactive brokers? is it a US based trading account?
By googling i also saw that portugal is welcoming non-resident bank customers. Found an article recommending ActivoBank, that also has the UI in english. any recommendation with that?

What is interactive brokers? is it a US based trading account?
By googling i also saw that portugal is welcoming non-resident bank customers. Found an article recommending ActivoBank, that also has the UI in english. any recommendation with that?
If you plan to do active trading, IB will probably be better for you than any bank's brokerage.

They have multiple branches around the world (US, EU, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia...) and depending on your residence, they will point you to one of them. Changing it to another one later can be difficult.

Reactions: kkein
Thanks this is very interesting. I see that for balances in EUR, they have no negative interests until €100k. So i guess, as they should be relatively well respected, that this could also be a valid option to (temporarily) park funds away from EMIs? Their Lite account seems to also have 0 maintenance costs

Latest Threads