Our valued sponsor

Opening a LLC as a German resident (but not citizen)

serhio

Jan 31, 2023
Slovenia
Visit site
Hi,

Could you help me out a bit? I found some similar threads here but mine is a bit more specific.

I will be moving from another EU country to Germany for the next 3 years.

I want to start a single member LLC in USA with the help of registered agent in Wyoming to start selling on Amazon US - all products will be bought and sold in USA (no importing).
The initial investment (and probably some more durring the first year) will come from my personal bank account from my EU country and not Germany.
All the profits will stay in the LLC's business bank account in the USA as I do not need any paychecks for at least the next 1-2 years (I have enough funds), so no money will hit my German nor my other EU bank accounts.

How does the taxation work in this case? I assume I will have to pay profit taxes in USA but since it is a single member LLC and therefore pass-through entity, what taxes (and how much in %) will than be needed to pay in Germany also?
I will try to get recognized as a partnership in Germany and not corporation but to my knowledge that is not always that simple.

From my research I can open and operate the LLC from Germany without the need to open any kind of German business entity.

I will probably have more questions later on but for start this is it.

Thanks for the help.

How does the taxation work in this case? I assume I will have to pay profit taxes in USA but since it is a single member LLC and therefore pass-through entity, what taxes (and how much in %) will than be needed to pay in Germany also?
The LLC does not exist in Germany, therefore it is often regarded as a corporation (UG, GmbH) and taxed as such.
30% taxation of the company and an extra tax if you want to pay it out.

It would be possible for the company to be recognized as a partnership (KG), but is probably associated with some work & a good tax advisor necessary.

As soon as you become liable to pay taxes in Germany and emigrate again at a later date, please note the exit tax that applies to corporations (under certain conditions, please discuss with your tax advisor).

Reactions: serhio
Reactions: serhio

Latest Threads