Panama foundation vs Nevis foundation vs Seychelles foundation

Cetme308win

Trusted Member
Business Angel
I'm just interested in the future setting up a foundation for assets protection...
What's the best country for setting up the foundation? Panamá,Nevis or Seychelles?
Where to open a bank account for the foundation?

Admin

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have with success setup a Seychelles Foundation for some years ago still operative, banking is with a UK bank which I visited back then while established. I had to visit the bank in person together wtih my lawyer.

If this is still the best for new establishing I can't tell you but my setup has been stable ever then.

Cetme308win

Trusted Member
Business Angel
I have with success setup a Seychelles Foundation for some years ago still operative, banking is with a UK bank which I visited back then while established. I had to visit the bank in person together wtih my lawyer.

If this is still the best for new establishing I can't tell you but my setup has been stable ever then.
Can you tell me more about it?
Do you think any bank in Lienchestein like for example Alpinum bank will agree to open a bank account for a Seychelles foundation? What provider did you used to set up the foundation admin? What bank in UK did you used?

libertycity

Tell me more about...I'm interested
Forget about it,I had one Belize company before,do you know Choice Bank Ltd in Belize?It was closed and you will never get your money back.
Also foget about Seychelles company,if you use it holding shares then it is useful.If you use it to open bank account,you have very few choices and even you have one bank account,it is very strict for you.I have one with the Cyprus bank before,totally shit.And nowadays with CRS it is very difficult to open accounts with those areas company in some good and safe banks.If you choose those shit banks,it is very high risk.

Cetme308win

Trusted Member
Business Angel
Forget about it,I had one Belize company before,do you know Choice Bank Ltd in Belize?It was closed and you will never get your money back.
Also foget about Seychelles company,if you use it holding shares then it is useful.If you use it to open bank account,you have very few choices and even you have one bank account,it is very strict for you.I have one with the Cyprus bank before,totally shit.And nowadays with CRS it is very difficult to open accounts with those areas company in some good and safe banks.If you choose those shit banks,it is very high risk.
And what about a Panamá foundation?
I am interested in a foundation with a bank account to hold some assets as well as some investments and shares of a company

libertycity

I am interested in a foundation with a bank account to hold some assets as well as some investments and shares of a company
If you just want to hold some assets and shares,Panama,Belize,Seychelles,they are all good and easy to use.
If you want to open a good and safe bank account,suggest to use Cyman and two level structures.

Cetme308win

Trusted Member
Business Angel
If you just want to hold some assets and shares,Panama,Belize,Seychelles,they are all good and easy to use.
If you want to open a good and safe bank account,suggest to use Cyman and two level structures.
Can you tell me more about the two level structures and Cayman banks

James Turner

Trusted Member
Business Angel
Mentor Group
Why would you setup a Belize foundation over a Seychelles foundation if I may ask? I mean what makes one better then the other?
@khan Both Belize and Seychelles are essentially the same when it comes to Foundations. The various options exist though.

James Turner

Trusted Member
Business Angel
Mentor Group
Your comment suggests that all Belize Companies/Foundation must bank in Belize, all Seychelles Companies/Foundations etc must bank in Seychelles. This is absolutely not the case and in the vast majority of situations companies formed in one location bank perfectly well in other locations and in most cases with reliable banks. Cayman for example offers no better solution than forming a company in Belize or Seychelles as Cayman is considered in the same way as most other 'Offshore' jurisdictions by banks.

James Turner

Trusted Member
Business Angel
Mentor Group
Panama is also a Foundation option and most Foundation legislation is based on Panama. I would suggest more complexity than simply forming a Foundation and opening a bank account for it.

libertycity

Your comment suggests that all Belize Companies/Foundation must bank in Belize, all Seychelles Companies/Foundations etc must bank in Seychelles. This is absolutely not the case and in the vast majority of situations companies formed in one location bank perfectly well in other locations and in most cases with reliable banks. Cayman for example offers no better solution than forming a company in Belize or Seychelles as Cayman is considered in the same way as most other 'Offshore' jurisdictions by banks.
I am sorry make you misunderstand.
I did not mean all Belize Companies/Foundation must bank in Belize, all Seychelles Companies/Foundations etc must bank in Seychelles,I mean all over the world,difficult to be accepted by good and safe banks,if you have any please do share with us,many thanks in advance this would be very helpful.

James Turner

Trusted Member
Business Angel
Mentor Group
I agree a Foundation setup in either Belize or Seychelles will have difficulties to get any banking anywhere if you can't backup your application with lawyers and tax advisors.
It depends what your reason for creating it is. Not everyone is using their structure for tax reasons. We create Foundations on a daily basis in Belize, Seychelles, Panama etc and arrange banking for them.

Mr Magoo

Building Trust
Entrepreneur
do banks differently look at a BZ or Seychelles foundation vs. a BZ or Seychelles IBC when it comes to a bank account?

James Turner

Trusted Member
Business Angel
Mentor Group
In my experience in the vast majority of cases Foundations are created in conjunction with IBC's to hold shares in the IBC to create additional layers of privacy. It is rare for a Foundation to be created in isolation, but when they are and banking is required directly for the Foundation, as long as banks can fully ID the participants and full and proper documents exist for the Foundation they do not cause an issue.

Cetme308win

Trusted Member
Business Angel
It depends what your reason for creating it is. Not everyone is using their structure for tax reasons. We create Foundations on a daily basis in Belize, Seychelles, Panama etc and arrange banking for them.
In my case are tax reasons as well as assets protection

Latest Threads