Our valued sponsor

Question Payoneer Process for a national living abroad

Bugs Bunny

Apr 7, 2021
Sweden
Visit site
So I am considering to start receiving my money to Payoneer, and then order a card so I can use it and withdraw at ATM's, etc, as any person would do. I've never had an account with them, so I'm completely new to the platform.

Question: Will any red flags be raised if I want the debit card sent to the country I'm currently in? (not my home-country).

I want to ensure a smooth process with this EMI. The plan is to fill in that I reside in my home country, which I do on paper, but I want the debit card sent to the country I currently reside in. Which is the country I am currently paying taxes in through a traditional employer.
However, the money I would receive on Payoneer would be untaxed and would be coming from another credible source (i'm also a freelancer), and because of this, I want to do what I can to ensure the process of an account opening to be smooth.

I guess I want them to think I only pay taxes/live in my home country, therefore, I am a bit unsure if having the debit card sent to another country would be such a smart move. Also, the ATM withdrawals would mostly be in the country I currently reside in, and not my home country...

What do you guys think? Should I fill in that I reside in the country I'm currently in? Or should I fill in all information with my home-country? Perhaps I am overthinking it? Perhaps they couldn't care less where the card is sent. I'm eager to hear your opinions.

NOTE: BOTH COUNTRIES I HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH ARE IN THE EU

Question: Will any red flags be raised if I want the debit card sent to the country I'm currently in? (not my home-country).
Set up a VPN in your home country and also have the card shipped to an address there as well. Have a friend or some family member forward it to you via post.

That is, if you want to be 100% sure.

Card shipping address in a different country is enough to trigger CRS indicia I think.

Set up a VPN in your home country and also have the card shipped to an address there as well. Have a friend or some family member forward it to you via post.

That is, if you want to be 100% sure.

Card shipping address in a different country is enough to trigger CRS indicia I think.
Yes, that's what I'm afraid of. What about ATM-withdrawals in another country? Can't be enough to trigger CRS indicia, right? I plan on withdrawing money every other week/once every month.
Also, sending a card through the mail can definitely be done, but it might be a little risky? A risk worthy of taking, though.

Thanks for the answers, guys.

I would strongly advise you against, you should review the card fees of Payoneer before you get it.

You will be better off with a Wise / Revolut Card than Payoneer, and you can always send money from payoneer to wise.
I was banned from Revolut because my money came from an "unprecedented" source.
My current source is far more trustworthy and normal, and shouldn't trigger an account shutdown. Wise does look like a good option, though. Does the account come with an IBAN?

Payoneer and Wise looks to be two EMI's that does not report through CRS.

And using the debit cards from these two companies in a country where you don't reside in can hardly cause any harm, right? Since most EMI's base a lot of their image on that of being perfect for travelers.

Last edited:
I was banned from Revolut because my money came from an "unprecedented" source.
My current source is far more trustworthy and normal, and shouldn't trigger an account shutdown. Wise does look like a good option, though. Does the account come with an IBAN?

Payoneer and Wise looks to be two EMI's that does not report through CRS.

And using the debit cards from these two companies in a country where you don't reside in can hardly cause any harm, right? Since most EMI's base a lot of their image on that of being perfect for travelers.

Wise does offer an EU IBAN, Payoneer as well but for business transfers only.
Both Wise and Payoneer report, at least to US, EU and UK Tax agencies, if not directly, their sponsoring bank do.

You know what's good for travelers ? USDt and BTC, you will have a lot more options, better rates exchanging P2P than using traditional accounts, the less advanced a country, the more premium you get for your cryptos.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jerry1911

Latest Threads