Our valued sponsor

Payoneer's "Global Payment Network" not available for some users

Outlander

Aug 24, 2019
Visit site
So, it seems Payoneer won't give local USD and EUR bank account details to all new customers by default under their "Global Payment Network" service. So, for some users/countries, the only way for receiving a payment is if your payer has a built-in Payoneer integration, such as Upwork does.

However, in talks with Payoneer support it seems that after receiving the first $5,000 through this method, they will allow you to use the GPN. I'm just not sure I trust support's word on this matter. Does anyone have experience with this?

Reactions: Spinat
You consider to use Payoneer as an regular EMI?

So, it seems Payoneer won't give local USD and EUR bank account details to all new customers by default under their "Global Payment Network" service. So, for some users/countries, the only way for receiving a payment is if your payer has a built-in Payoneer integration, such as Upwork does.

However, in talks with Payoneer support it seems that after receiving the first $5,000 through this method, they will allow you to use the GPN. I'm just not sure I trust support's word on this matter. Does anyone have experience with this?
Can confirm the $5K requirement put in after discussing their self-imposed chicken and egg problem with support for about 30 mins ... after waiting 45 mins to get them on the line.

Can confirm the $5K requirement put in after discussing their self-imposed chicken and egg problem with support for about 30 mins ... after waiting 45 mins to get them on the line.

Yeah, right? It's totally nuts. Same here, took me over 1 hour waiting on the chat queue and 40 minutes waiting for an answer.

I know a service which will integrate with Payoneer soon and only charges 5% per transaction. In case you want to pay yourself $5k and eat $250 in fees.

Unsure why you would want to do that. You can withdraw to your bank account ... provided you do have a bank account. :confused:

You can't withdraw if you can't receive. You can't receive if your payer (such as Amazon) doesn't have Payoneer integration and needs your Payoneer bank details to be input manually. And Payoneer won't give you such details until you receive $5,000.

A classic chicken or egg problem.

Now if you want to "receive" $5,000 from a "third party" (yourself) using an intermediary company that is integrated with Payoneer, that would sort out the issue.