Our valued sponsor

PayPal boosts eBay Q2 results

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
Online auction giant eBay has posted a 26% rise in net income for the second quarter on the back of impressive growth at its PayPal unit.

The group saw net income of $412 million, or 31 cents per diluted share, up from $327 million in Q2 2009. Net revenue was $2.22 billion, up six per cent from $2.10 billion the previous year.

The firm beat street expectations, largely thanks to the continued rise of PayPal, which saw revenue up 22% to $817 million for the quarter.

PayPal added a million new accounts each month during the quarter and its merchant services business has grown by over 40% year over year for three consecutive quarters.

John Donahoe, president and CEO, eBay, says: "PayPal is strong and getting stronger, building a robust and innovative global footprint serving all of ecommerce."

The PayPal success has helped to compensate for "slower than expected" growth for eBay's US business, which is undergoing a "turnaround" plan.

For the full year, eBay expects PayPal to continue its strong performance, resulting in a positive impact to net revenues of around $100 million and $0.06 to $0.08 per diluted share.

source: Finextra: PayPal boosts eBay Q2 results

Not bad at all, I love PayPal it makes me feel good to see they are doing well while it will secure streamlined payouts.

PayPal is my first choice in payment processing, have been working with them for years never had any issues they deserve to make money to stay in the marked.