Our valued sponsor

Puerto Rico bank account for offshore llc?

dpastco

Advance Member
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am just wondering, are there banks in Puerto Rico, who open corporate bank accoutns for offshore LLC?

Everywhere I look, its just the EuroPacificBank, but they are not really part of the US banking system. Neither do they have a ABA/Routing Number, nor are the FDIC insured.

There are lots of international banks there: HSBC, City, Scotiabank, BancoPopular, ... but do they work with offshore IBCs?

In mainland US its impossible to open an account for a foreign entity, if its possible for Puerto Rico, this could help with Paypal.

Anyone experience?

I will do some calls tomorrow.

EPC is in the financial institution list. I looked at a few examples, and eg Banplus has an ABA/Routing Number, I could not find one for Multibanco.

In the bank list, I guess they all have the routing numbers, lots of the names are familiar.

Reactions: JohnLocke
List of banks in Puerto Rico that are part of the US banking system (and have an ABA routing number): Banks in Puerto Rico — search for data by branches

There are a lot of them ;)

8c174f27fc0f88fe583e571cc52c9476.png

Reactions: JohnLocke
Do you have any more information about that bank? name, what they offer, do they do remote account opening anything relevant?

Is there any update to this to what banks may or may not be able to open an account for foreigners? Or at least for local companies?