Our valued sponsor

Remote opening bank account for startup company

reddior

Oct 18, 2021
Hong Kong
Visit site
Hello there, everyone!

I'm a young entrepreneur who imports electronic home products from China to the Philippines. Using a Philippine bank to pay my suppliers was too expensive.

In which jurisdiction is best to open this account, Hong Kong or Singapore? I am not sure whether I should open a business account or personal account? What are the factors that an entrepreneur think about before opening this account.

Thank you so much for your feedback!

In which jurisdiction is best to open this account, Hong Kong or Singapore? I am not sure whether I should open a business account or personal account? What are the factors that an entrepreneur think about before opening this account.
A business account 100%. you can't just do business transactions in your personal account, and I'm sure that's against a lot of the banks T&C.

The question is where is your company located? if it's in HK, then you will have good options of regular banks and EMIs, here, take a look at these threads:

Singapore doesn't make sense in your case, HK is more suitable for you since you will be dealing with Chinese people/manufactures, and a lot of them have presence in HK, so it will be easier to deal and do transactions with them.

Reactions: Martin Everson

Latest Threads