Our valued sponsor

Revolut - rant, very poor customer service

Rachel Brown

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site
Okay guys. There you go. The account was aged (at least 12 months old) and I have used it for some small transactions and to pay some bills online (especially after entropay went down).
So I would say I did not use my Revolut account that much and I was under 1000 euro total for 12 months and I did not cashout at all, I use it for online payments mainly.
The account was fully verified and such. Also I had a paid membership for all 12 months. *7.99GBP or something. Whatsoever.
One lovely day I have found my account locked for security reasons. And they did not send any notification to my email or SMS (to my mobile phone). One of my friends sent me 50EURO to my account via a SEPA transfer, legit money and well only 50 euro. I still dunno if this is the reason, but my friend sent it in the morning and I know SEPA takes 1-2 business days but "logged in" same day evening to check because I needed the funds to pay for some services online. Well I have found a lovely message that they need little more information and nothing to worry about. Estimated waiting time for live chat agent - 2 hour. "Sure 2 hour" THEY LIE ABOUT IT, it took them 24 hours to reply (I mean connect me to an agent). I was asked for tons of documents including some documents we do not use in my country and documents that I was forced to obtain from my employer which I firmly believe is a massive breach of the new European Union GDPR. Well I have sent all documents and they said "Okay, now you have to wait". 5 business day passed and I have contacted them with 1 simple question "Can you please give me a deadline/timeframe for your review?". The answer was they could not give me any information.
Same thing happened like 5 times on live chat, I have filled a formal complain on their website too. Basically they keep my account under a review and its frozen. No deadline, no timeframe, nothing. I have raised the question for funds inside and also for my friends' 50 euro (just to test how fair they are). I was told funds are mine and they cannot keep them, but my account must be unlocked first. Well 30 days passed, my account is still locked, live chat is offline. I have tried to contact them on twitter and on their community board, you cannot open new topic on their community board and they do not reply on my twitter messages. No phone number (ofc).
Revolut is the worst company I have ever dealt with. TW (transferwise) locked my account and I did not provide any documents and they have returned the pending funds to sender. PayPal keep your funds for 6 months and release them/allow you to withdrawal.
The scammers from Revolut locked my account as far as I can see forever and use it as an excuse to keep their hands on my funds. I could understand if they see me as a scammer (well I really paid services online and I did nothing wrong) but anyways at this point I am ready to accept their decision I don't care about the account anymore. However, I am feeling robbed, because they have locked my account for no reason, I have provided all documents, they don't want to give me a timeframe/deadline for their review and basically they keep my account locked without any outcome/final decision. If they want to close my account, they are welcome, I really do not care anymore, however, they should return the pending incoming transfers to original senders like transferwise does (at least). I really do not wan the funds, but I am feeling bad those Revolut scammers use the account lock to keep funds blocked, when they must return them to original sender if they don't want to deal with me anymore.

This thread/rant is not about the money. I have written them off already + paid my friend from my pocket, because I was supposed to buy him something with the funds.
I really do not like their cheap scammers attitude - "we cannot give you a timeframe for our review, you will gain access to account and funds (including pending funds) after the review".
I think they abuse their own policy and it is really a breach of EU laws and regulations. I cannot be bothered to dispute the issue with them anymore, however, I was feeling like I need to share my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nix001
Did you heard about line breaks? next time I will simply delete such postse.

Latest Threads