Our valued sponsor

S... hits the fan in EAST EUROPE

Dewd879

Mar 12, 2022
Bucharest
Visit site
Greetings!
Current situation: EU Citizen - Romania, Nato east flanc, where hot war is about to break ( i think it s a matter of when not if ).
Brick and morter with Physical stores business owner ( with stocks - consumer electronics and jewelry, representing 70% of assets ).

Current portofolio allocation, except for,Real Estate - Home and Commercial ( don't intend on liquidate this )
-35% - physical gold ( mostly jewelry )
-11% - cash
-4% - crypto
-15% - retail electronics stock
-35% - medium term (60-90days) loan contracts.
Plan:
I. Find a SAFE PLACE, for my family ( wife,sister and parents ) -OUT of the danger zone, decent costs of living and decent health system. Preferable NON-EU ( sanctions incoming - travel restrictions - conscription incoming to Romania - account freezes ), - international Treaties with RO, Decent flights to EU, business friendly, Get residence - than citizenship )
Unrealistic current options : Singapore ( consider SE Asia top future development ) - not affordable at this moment / LONDON - consider it safe of conflict ( disguised not giving a fack neutrality this time ) - few options for visa/residence in my case / Switzerland: - not affordable at this moment.

Realistic Current options:
A. UAE - curently aplying for working visa at a local firm ( could switch to investor visa and setup company with same activity-UAE being a gold hub ). Downsides:1. Did not enjoy much 2. Budget 3. Middle East - historical permanent conflict zone. 4. Residence not lead to citizenship 5. Sharia Law 6. Not a democracy
B. Took Real Estate investment 250K- in Turkey into consideration, as it leads to citizenship, and it could satisfy one of my desires to reallocate part of the portofolio to REAL ESTATE ( as i liquidate part of the stocks ). BENEFITS: NON-EU Citizenship, decent cost of living, gold hub. DOWNSIDES: 1. Mandatory Conscription 2. Bad country economics-Hyperinflation (tough i think that's the fate for most of the countries except maybe a few in Asia )
C. CBI Options- Carribean - Dominca, Antigua, St Lucia - DONATION would probably be a the quicker option to safety. There's also the Real Estate Option - but Approved projects are shiit and v overpriced ( Citizenship give the option to renounce current one ). DOWNSIDES:
D. Columbia - 170K RE - RESIDENCE - 5yrs - citizenship, fairly low cost of living
E. Costa Rica - RESIDENCE - 7yrs - citizenship, decent cost of living, decent health system
Thailand ? Brazil ? Ecuador ? Panama ? ( suggestions and recommandtions are welcomed )

II. Portofolio realocation ( Big Inflation, Energy through the roof, construction costs through the roof, possible short deflation, inflation after huge prewar/war printing incoming )
1. 40% Gold - move deposit in a couple of locations: options - Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong. Keep 50% of it in a vault which offers collateral LOAN with low interest option ( current info only available in Singapore ? ). Allocate 25% to KINESIS.MONEY ( earn yearly 6% yield payble in gold ) - crypto gold backed bullion - ownership looks decent.
2. 20% Crypto - Allocation: 50% - BTC/ALTS + 50% UST - Terra Network - stake it for 19% Yearly Yield - suggestions and recommandtions are welcomed regarding this stable coin, or stable coins in general ( - consider this 10% allocation of crypto - as allocation to FIAT - UST - pegged to $ - probably the last to fall of the ponzi currencies ).
3. 25% Real Estate ( ideally investment for residence/citizenship, OR allocate the 25% for advance payment in a country where i can get a 15yrs+ FIXED MORTGAGE ( as i could use another hedge for the inflation - don't know bout any options.
4. 15% - start a business - online not excluded - ( actual profession: Lawyer - never practice it hated from the 1st moment, 10yrs experience in managing current business with 20 employees, consider myself easy adaptable ).

Time not in my favour for all of this, should have done it yesterday - wanted to start implement the plan in q4 this year, but REALITY moves faster the plans.

Long thread... Thank you for your patience.
Love to hear sm thoughts.

2nd passport from Caribbean + UAE relocation would be the simplest way forward. UAE is not in a conflict zone at all as you mentioned.

If Caribbean, St Lucia or Antigua is best way to go. If to physically live there - Antigua only

Houthis are attacking to UAE and people are running away from the country!! Just kidding smi(&% It is still one of the safest places in the world and thousands of high-income foreign people flow into Dubai every day.

In my opinion, you can choose between UAE and Turkey.

UAE is an expensive country and costs have increased significantly in the last 1-2 years because of the popularity of Dubai. Real estate prices increased 20-30% in 2 years. It is safe and good for doing business because of the 0% tax and it has a mixed population from different countries. Life is good here.

Turkey has better weather and food but life quality is lower than Dubai. You will pay a minimum of 50% less for everything(rent, food, services) compared to Dubai. Turkey is safe because they have a powerful military, but the crime rate is above the world average.

IMO, you are overthinking. I believe Romania will not face any security or war problems. Russia is losing the economic war and even struggling with the physical war against 10 times less powerful Ukrainian army.

IMO, you are overthinking. I believe Romania will not face any security or war problems. Russia is losing the economic war and even struggling with the physical war against 10 times less powerful Ukrainian army.
I agree. Certainly have a Plan B in place. That is only prudent in this uncertain day and age. But there is no reason to uproot your entire life. Just take those basic precautions that would make sense even if the Ukraine war had never happened. Indeed, that is how I have structured my own affairs.

Come on man, Romania will not have any war and even in Ukraine it will stop soon. Why such panic and risking everything with plans and a move like this? Is good to have a plan B, but rushing things like this is no good. No NATO country will be invaded by Russia. If you would be from Moldova or Georgia, then yes I would be worried but Romania? Nah.

Reactions: Silvio
I respectfully disagree with everything stated above. The objective should be to get yourself as many places to stay and move based events at the time. Not an overpriced passport with the right to live on one small island that is difficult to get to or leave. A permanent residency in one mercosur country comes with the right to travel almost anywhere in South America and that means lots of options.

I respectfully disagree with everything stated above. The objective should be to get yourself as many places to stay and move based events at the time. Not an overpriced passport with the right to live on one small island that is difficult to get to or leave. A permanent residency in one mercosur country comes with the right to travel almost anywhere in South America and that means lots of options.
This. How did small islands historically fared during war time? They can be difficult to escape and dependent on imports.

This. How did small islands historically fared during war time? They can be difficult to escape and dependent on imports.
The point that is being missed here, which is very important, is that once you have one of those CBI passports, especially if it grants you the right to travel visa free to the Schengen area, you can then use the passport to travel from country to country every 90 days.

You can stay 90 days in any 180-day period within the Schengen area, travel to a non-Schengen country, and then come back to the Schengen area. So, you do not have to live on just one small island. No one does that. And you can always get permanent residency in other nations as a supplement to your CBI citizenship.

It is my understanding that the legal right to travel between Mercosur countries is based on citizenship, not on residency. So, residency in a Mercosur country does not give a non-citizen the right to live in other Mercosur countries.
Nationals of Mercosur member states are generally allowed visa-waivered entry to other Mercosur member states. For non-Mercosur nationals, visa requirements and reciprocity fee requirements are determined by nationality and differ significantly from one member state to another.

Last edited:

Latest Threads