Our valued sponsor

Saint Martin residence

JohnnyDoe

Schrödinger's guy
Elite Member
Dec 6, 2021
beach
Visit site
Anyone has information on the benefits (if any) of personal residence in St. Martin (the French part of the island)?
Is there any rule or method that allows to avoid taxation on foreign income? Or is it just like France?

Reactions: FlipnShip
I’m pulling up this hoping that someone is interested. St Martin is a really nice place!
St. Barts too.
It’s Europe but not Europe, without import taxes, which might compensate a few other taxes. If you live in a country where you pay 100%+ duties on certain imported goods you know what I mean.

Ps CHÂTEAU DES PALMIERS this is the kind of real estate you can find there gre¤#!

Reactions: uplana
Ps CHÂTEAU DES PALMIERS this is the kind of real estate you can find there gre¤#!
Damn, that looks like the sterile hell that I always try to avoid whenever I travel. I have never been on a cruise ship for the same reason. Nor would I ever live in a gated community. I enjoy the AirBNB experience.

I like to immerse myself in the local culture, but I understand that some people might like that atmosphere.

• Haha
Reactions: uplana and RealDude
I know quite well these part of caribbean islands (lived there some years).

St Barth: 100% tax heaven, 100% safe (you can keep your keys on your car), expensive, very tiny.

SXM french part: some tax advantages comparing to France. Cheaper than dutch part.

French islands have the advantage of the access to french banking system.

SXM dutch part: not seen any tax advantages (high taxes). few banks.

SXM in general: only 100 km2, high criminality, low services.

Anguilla: 100% tax heaven. rasta lifestyle. very low services and activities.

Can't say about Trump but BUSH bought 40k ha in Paraguay Chaco .
Also Trump invested there in 2013
Trump invests in many places, he setup a nice op in the Dominican Republic where hundreds of investors joined with not excellent results (for them)…
But St. Martin is too small of a place to make money, and not with that villa.

Reactions: troubled soul
I know quite well these part of caribbean islands (lived there some years).

St Barth: 100% tax heaven, 100% safe (you can keep your keys on your car), expensive, very tiny.

SXM french part: some tax advantages comparing to France. Cheaper than dutch part.

French islands have the advantage of the access to french banking system.

SXM dutch part: not seen any tax advantages (high taxes). few banks.

SXM in general: only 100 km2, high criminality, low services.

Anguilla: 100% tax heaven. rasta lifestyle. very low services and activities.
Don't you need to have lived there for 5 years for tax benefits? I think the first 5 years you are taxed like in France.

I think it's a law applicable only for french tax resident from the metropole.

In practice, all the french people I knew in SXM, paid their taxes immediately without waiting these 5 years. but it was a few years ago, maybe that has changed.

Latest Threads