Our valued sponsor

Solution for holding company

Shlomo

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

What is a good solution for a holding company? I would like the privacy and ease that comes with an IBC, but the holding company will own a company in the EU that operates legit business, possibly owning real estate also; meaning, there should be no problem with the jurisdiction being blacklisted or banks not allowing me to open a bank account. It seems jurisdictions like Belize would run this risk, but would it also be the case if the IBC acts as a holding company, and in turn I have a company in the EU?

Reactions: JohnLocke
Well, so far as it is right now your chances to get a bank account are slim unless you are willing to travel and speak to the bank in person.

Otherwise a good setup for your would be a Cyprus company with a Cyprus bank account, works for most and should still be possible to setup. I noticed a user that mention that there have been changes in Cyprus in regards to account opening I have yet to get this confirmed.

Cyprus seems a not-so-straightforward option though, and perhaps it does not apply to Cyprus, but is it not necessary to have a registered office in Cyprus and a secretary? Furthermore, I believe there is no privacy, or is there? The company I will set up for the business can be owned by another business entity, so if the jurisdiction for the holding company provides good privacy, it would be a pretty good degree of privacy. I can mention the reason for the need of privacy: 1. I am a citizen of a second country taxing worldwide income. 2. I want to hide assets from my wife in case of a future divorce. The degree of privacy does not need to be very high as such, but if all the corporate information is public in Cyprus, obviously it would not do, would it?