Our valued sponsor

Question Spanish Special Tax Regime (Beckham's Law) - Where to pay tax on foreign stock gains?

daeshu

May 23, 2021
Spain
Visit site
Hello! Newbie in the forum!

I signed up for the Spanish Special Tax Regime (known as Beckham´s Law), where you pay tax for stock gains only for Spanish stock. But when the stock is not Spanish, I am not so sure of where to pay tax. My broker is Degiro (Netherlands), I heard that I should pay tax in Netherlands as non-resident, and that Degiro should collect the tax, but I am not sure about this, or how to do it.
Any help on this or anyone in similar situation ?

Thanks in advance!

I signed up for the Spanish Special Tax Regime (known as Beckham´s Law),

Great so you know all about the Beckham law then thu&¤#

where you pay tax for stock gains only for Spanish stock. But when the stock is not Spanish, I am not so sure of where to pay tax.

Ok so you know nothing about the Beckham Law :confused:

Any help on this or anyone in similar situation ?

Yes...check these basic things before you sign up to a tax regime in future rea#44!

I know the basics and the main topics that affect my case, fixed IRPF of 24%. The law says clearly what not to be taxed in Spain, foreign non-work income, but doesn't say anything about where to tax that :D
Whatever you do with that foreign non-work income is not related to this Law or to the Spanish tax agency.

I heard few ideas of what to do with that foreign non-work income, but nothing for sure and I didn't meet anyone in the same situation. That is why I am looking for more information! ;)

Same case here! What did you do? I am planning on filing work income only, as usual.
Foreign stock gains to be taxed where your Broker is based. In my case, Degiro, Netherlands. It should be tax as non-resident, I think it is a 10% tax.
I contacted couple of accountants in Netherlands, waiting for replies about budget to do the non-resident taxes.

Interesting
Foreign stock gains to be taxed where your Broker is based. In my case, Degiro, Netherlands. It should be tax as non-resident, I think it is a 10% tax.
I contacted couple of accountants in Netherlands, waiting for replies about budget to do the non-resident taxes.
Very interesting. Thanks. Aside from US and EPA stocks (foreign) I own two Spanish REITs (all via Degiro). Would you say these are taxable here? If so, how to inform on the Modelo 151?

Interesting

Very interesting. Thanks. Aside from US and EPA stocks (foreign) I own two Spanish REITs (all via Degiro). Would you say these are taxable here? If so, how to inform on the Modelo 151?
Yes, I guess the Spanish REITs should be included in the 151, there is a section for that, and you need to add there is the CIF (Certificado de Identificacion Fiscal). This is the tax ID for all Spanish companies. If it is foreign, then you don't have a CIF to enter. :)

Reactions: GiGoGo

Latest Threads