Our valued sponsor

Question Status: Tax, payment solution and business structure for online business (not high risk)

apollo369

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to pick up your brains about my case:
- Paraguay resident with permanent residency (Paraguay does not tax foreign income)
- European citizenship
- Seychelles company with Transferwise linked business account
- I have a bank account in the US (from having worked there for a few years) with personal paypal account.

Currently teaching languages through a platform with revenue flowing to US paypal and then my US bank account (non resident with Paraguayan address) so I should not pay any taxes.

I'm launching my wordpress website where I would like to sell online language lessons and courses (so definitely not high risk business). I'm not sure if it will be successful so I'm looking for minimum initial spending and paperwork (I want to focus on the business, not waste my time on the paperwork).

I thought I would use my Seychelles company for this business but I'm struggling finding a payment processor. There is potential wordpress plugin for linking transferwise but it has not launched yet and it's more of a direct debit (does not accept debit or credit card):

I inquired with advcash but it does not seem like a simple solution, you need to use their API, there is no wordpress plugin. So I'm debating starting using a simple paypal plugin (with my US paypal). What would you advise me to do?

Thank you very much

Hi,

I would like to pick up your brains about my case:
- Paraguay resident with permanent residency (Paraguay does not tax foreign income)
- European citizenship
- Seychelles company with Transferwise linked business account
- I have a bank account in the US (from having worked there for a few years) with personal paypal account.

Currently teaching languages through a platform with revenue flowing to US paypal and then my US bank account (non resident with Paraguayan address) so I should not pay any taxes.

I'm launching my wordpress website where I would like to sell online language lessons and courses (so definitely not high risk business). I'm not sure if it will be successful so I'm looking for minimum initial spending and paperwork (I want to focus on the business, not waste my time on the paperwork).

I thought I would use my Seychelles company for this business but I'm struggling finding a payment processor. There is potential wordpress plugin for linking transferwise but it has not launched yet and it's more of a direct debit (does not accept debit or credit card):

I inquired with advcash but it does not seem like a simple solution, you need to use their API, there is no wordpress plugin. So I'm debating starting using a simple paypal plugin (with my US paypal). What would you advise me to do?

Thank you very much
Hire someone on any fo freelance portals to integrate AdvCash with your Wordpress website. It can cost you less than 200 USD.
The problem can be in other way:

Were are your customers?
If in EU, you can be responsible to bill VAT on all educational activities and courses sold to EU customers, file VAT return every month, send wire with colledted VAT every month..
The best for you in this situation is not to have customers in EU.

If you do not have a real chineese business presence, there is no way how chinees customers can pay you. If you want to have a customers in China, you have to have a company in China, bank account in China and pay taxes in China. In some cases, having a Hong Kong company can be way around.

Russia is OK. Russians have credit cards and you can use any processor. And you do not have to bill and pay VAT.

Latest Threads