Our valued sponsor

Question Tax residency + travelling

MrXY

Sep 4, 2022
CI
Visit site
Hi All

First post :cool:

I currently live and work in the Channel Islands and have been here for over 15yrs. I resigned from my job and am going travelling for a year or two in the new year. I won't have an address here anymore and my stuff will be stored with family in the UK.

What do I do about my physical address used for accounts and tax residency? I'm particularly concerned about my broker account I use for investments and have Channel Islands as my tax residency/address (and have entered my tax ID). When travelling I won't be in one place for more than 3mths at a time. What does one do in a situation like this to not cause an issue with tax residency and my broker account (or any account for that matter)? I can get a UK address online no problem but am concerned that if I do that the broker will think I am a tax resident in the UK when I am not. I probably won't return to the Channel Islands due to the crazy cost of living here so while travelling will be looking for a new place to call home. In the broker account I can use a different address as a mailing address and keep the Channel Islands address as is but not sure how long this will work for or if it is acceptable.

Hopefully I've explained this properly, if I haven't let me know! :D

Appreciate any help or assistance.

You may look into this type of service.

there is another thread I can't find with more hints.

As a traveler you only got option to use banks and brokers in non-CRS countries. However this is not a recommended solution. Your best bet is to find somewhere to call your residence for banking purposes. This can be done via picking up a remote worker visa that does not tax offshore income and renting a cheap property locally in that country.

Reactions: joffreylol
About Croatian DN visa: if someone from non EU gets it (let's say someone from Turkey or Georgia or Serbia or Montenegro) can he legally travel the whole EU (Schengen area) or is it more like just residency permit for Croatia only?

About Croatian DN visa: if someone from non EU gets it (let's say someone from Turkey or Georgia or Serbia or Montenegro) can he legally travel the whole EU (Schengen area) or is it more like just residency permit for Croatia only?

That's a good question. My guess is only Croatia, because those DN visas look more like tourist visa. Croatia is not part of Schengen as well, I don't know what will be happen in 3 months when they join eurozone but they probably won't be Schengen member by then (or possibly any time soon).

Latest Threads