Our valued sponsor

Taxes in Thailand for sending money to wife or couple

sekiexpress

Aug 20, 2022
Bali
Visit site
Hi there folks,

I have been living in Bangkok for a bit more than 1 year now on a tourist visa, first, and currently on a student visa.

I am not a rich person, so like most of the young people here in Thailand, I work online and get money in USD and EUR.

I basically have my money in banks like Wise, N26 etc. and every month I send money to my girlfriend's thai bank account using Wise.

For tax purposes, is it better to send it to her or me? She has a job here in Thailand (low salary that does not pay tax), so I am uncertain whether she has to declare this money or not. She did not inform about anything and nothing happen, and we never had an issue.

Would it be better if I sent it to myself instead of sending it to her?

Anyway, I read about the fact that you should theoretically send the money on the next fiscal year after money is made if you want to pay 0%. Theory is good, but in practice it does not seem they care much, to be honest.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance :D

Withdraw on ATM and give her cash.
I never withdraw on ATM because the ATM charges a flat fee and for example wise or Revolut only allows to withdraw 200 euros for free.

What if his girlfriend is in Isan?
No. We live together in Bangkok, and she has her job. Of course, my salary is higher, that is why I send money to her account for us to use.

If you want to fly more under the radar I'd do Wise/your Thai account/her Thai account.

But on the other hand, it's Thailand. I think you are overthinking it.
Thank you for your advice. I will send to myself. I thought it was better to send money to her for me to have no troubles.

Thanks for the advice and replies guys :D

Reactions: TheCryptoAnt

Latest Threads