Our valued sponsor

Tesla Becomes World’s Second Most Valuable Automaker

<...>
Tesla Inc. stock rallied 12% late Wednesday after the Silicon Valley car maker reported quarterly earnings that topped Wall Street views and set a goal to “comfortably” sell more than 500,000 vehicles this year.
<...>

Not bad if they will make it happen! gre¤#!

I think 500k is something achievable. Their market cap is high. I don't expect a huge fall since they're investing in the future but I believe it will stabilize with a drop but eventually they will be in the top 3 automakers in the world.

Time for me to short Tesla. Just need the bubble to increase a bit more rof/%rof/%

Ladies and gentlemen, we have now officially entered the insane territory:
SVhXYQm.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Gediminas
Ladies and gentlemen, we have now officially entered the insane territory:
SVhXYQm.jpg

*Sanity has left the room*

This cult stock trade like a crypto coin. smi(&%. Anyone remember I think October 2008 when Volkswagen stock went up like 93% in a day after Porsche announced its large ownership of their shares....lol.

I think 500k is something achievable. Their market cap is high. I don't expect a huge fall since they're investing in the future but I believe it will stabilize with a drop but eventually they will be in the top 3 automakers in the world.
And yet, it is a f*ing cash-burning machine. Like Netflix, where S1 in revenue per client is matched with $2 in debt/cost of acquisition. Kept alive by absurd bond sales and/or tax incentives nowhere else to be found. And no, this is NOT a sustainable future, regardless of the cult followers' opinion, so we'll see whether sanity imposes a 'real (aka hard)' landing on this s*it or funny money will keep it alive and drugged for longer. I'm sure pot-god Mask (pun intended) will be happy.

Reactions: Martin Everson
Anyone remember I think October 2008 when Volkswagen stock went up like 93% in a day after Porsche announced its large ownership of their shares....lol.

I remember this sad thing, when a billionaire was caught on a wrong side of that VW short squeeze.

Tesla has officially reached the Cuckoo Land. For a year or two now, this guy on Twitter has been a laughing stock of smarter investors than him. The thing is, he is now popping champagne while those other guys are down the toilet if they did not cut their losses. Luckily my money is mostly stuck in bitcoin and gold. Otherwise I would surely have already shorted Tesla.

The danger for short sellers is the non-zero probability that Musk manages to convince some deep pocket fund or sovereign to buy out Tesla. No sane fund manager would touch this crap on this price level, but there might be insane fund managers out there.

Just to illustrate the point: What Happens When Investors Stop Fueling Cash-Burn Machines: At MoviePass Parent, Everything Goes to Zero

And then you've got the different 'u-s**t-corn': Tesla’s Revenues +2%, Auto Revenue +0.7%. Net Income Plunges 25%. Without “Regulatory Credits,” it Would Have Lost $28 Million. Annual Loss Hits $862 Million. Shares Spike 12% - note the 'small difference' called "regulatory credit", meaning that the BIG difference that prevents this crap from burning (losing) even more money is the fact that the've got the US government as a de facto investor. None so blind as those who will not see ...

Yeah, yeah...all that thing about anticipating the future (false, was tried in the past and discarded for its high costs), going electric is green and will save the world (false again, I already explained why), and the visionary cult leader (sic)...reminiscent of the visionaries of 2000, no doubt...which didn't have the government to back them up, by the way, that's why the dotcom burst wiped out 98% of the tech illusion at the time.

The only way this elec-s**t mania will be 'popular' is if they would ram it down through everyone's throats, by for example penalizing fossil-fuel cars and imposing their communist agenda as mandatory. Oh wait...

Last edited:
Electric car is not the future, it's the past

Not to mention it's not really "clean" - you're not really "saving the plant", you're just moving the pollution from your car to the power plant that generated that electricity (using mostly coal).
Also transporting the electricity from the power plant to your car is extremely inefficient and energy is lost on the way.

In short- great way to ride the stupid "Green energy" wave and sell overpriced cars to hipsters.

That's beyond rationality that increase. This stock is trading like BTC and some people are gonna get wiped out.

P.S Is the factory in China even open right now?

It’s irrational that people who talk about the Tesla bubble are going to short it on a hard uptrend (hello guys who wanted to short the Tesla a week ago at a price of about 500;) your luck is that you do not confirm your words with your position).
It’s irrational that people who talk about fake\weak\bad Tesla technologies compared to other car manufacturers use iPhones and Macs at the same time (which are also not better to Android and PC, but many times more expensive) and probably going to defense apple in similar case.

everyone are right and wrong at the same time.
but what's the point? you can hate the Musk and loose money on tesla shorts, or you can join the price movement on the trend.
Speculative long position now, investments some time after the rollback.
It’s kind of like a business discussion, and the question is, will it help to get some money or not and not a housewives forum who discuss Musk 's personality.

And it’s very funny when somebody said that Tesla, which has been in the uptrend for 6 years, is bad, but GM, as a manufacturer of Cadillac, which for 10 years has brought nothing but dividends is good... Great financial advice for sure :D

Anyone got a good ETF for going long Psychiatric Hospitals? I can see a lot of upside with the number of Tesla fans out there who are detached from reality.

P.S Is the factory in China even open right now?

This reality finally kicked in within the market :rolleyes:. When does the China factory open again - on the 10th? How this automakers stock price moved up so rapidly when its factory in China is closed is beyond common sense conf/(%.

Unfortunately the feeding frenzy is likely to continue as there are simply too many daft Tesla fans who will see a correction as a good opportunity to buy into an overpriced stock.

Latest Threads