Our valued sponsor

The list of non CRS countries 2019 - 2023

I have compiled the below small list for all of you to get a quick overview of what countries don't participate in the CRS (The Common Reporting Standard) which is an information standard for the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) regarding bank accounts on global level, between the tax authorities, which the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has developed. It's purpose is to combat tax evasion.

Lots of information I know, but hope it helps people to understand what the list is about and how important it can be for one looking for total privacy.

here is the list in alphabetical order:
  • Armenia
  • Cambodia
  • Dominican Republic
  • Republic of Georgia
  • Guatemala
  • Kazakhstan
  • Macedonia
  • Montenegro
  • Paraguay
  • Philippines
  • Puerto Rico
  • Serbia
  • Ukraine
  • United States (Consider FATCA RULES) !!

You need to check each country as time goes since this is a ever changing world and the fact that some countries actually will be part of the CRS is a ever lasting threat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats interesting is that there is only 3-4 countries on that list that I would consider banking in :oops:. This means the OECD's AEOI CRS has largely achieved its goal at this stage.

What countries would you consider banking?

From the list I would consider banking in Georgia, Kazakhstan, Cambodia.

P.S I only banked from the list so far in Cambodia and Georgia.

Cambodia is definitely worth a try - I had some good experience with ANZ Royal but that was about 6 years ago...
Ukraine is too risky in my opinion since they can come up with regulation changes over night!
I remember being stuck in Uruguay once with the Ukrainian National Bank limiting cash withdrawals from Ukrainian banks to 100$ per day without any warning!

I remember being stuck in Uruguay once with the Ukrainian National Bank limiting cash withdrawals from Ukrainian banks to 100$ per day without any warning!

Don't worry it will be same in UK after brexit smi(&%

......joking ca#"!

Armenia, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Eswatini, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Gabon, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, USA

Update courtesy of OECD: https://www.oecd.org/tax/transparency/AEOI-commitments.pdf

Armenia, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Eswatini, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Gabon, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, USA

Update courtesy of OECD: https://www.oecd.org/tax/transparency/AEOI-commitments.pdf

Maybe a list of the ones which you would actually want to bank with :cool:

Would be a nice idea to make this sticky and keep it updated
I agree, just made this thread sticky, thanks for the feedback.

Martin, would you care to elaborate on the Cambodia banking experience??

This could be an option for me....
Thanks

I only opened a fixed deposit account a while back till it expired with ababank. I am no more banking with them. Had no problems with the bank in my time with them.

Latest Threads