Our valued sponsor

This is some advantages when using Dedicated Hosting

walterz

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
If you have chosen Dedicated Hosting for your needs, I'm sure you will try to find what makes it better than a Shared Hosting?
Here is some list of the advantages of using Dedicated Hosting:
  • You do not have to purchase own equipment
  • You do not have to update/maintain equipment
  • You can buy a package based on own needs for Hard Disk Space and Data Transfer Allowance
  • The servers are as fast, powerful and high-capacity
  • You can freely upgrade your server or add a new server is an easier and more cost effective
  • It's good for large business
  • it's good for high traffic
  • You can use multiple domain names
  • You get a powerful email solution
  • You get a powerful database support
  • You also get unlimited software support
If you have more opinion about the advantages using Dedicated Hosting, please share it here.
So everybody can read it and make their decision.

Hi! I agree with Walterz, he started a good topic. Hosting services become cheaper nowadays and this is great. With a wide selection of cloud, VPS and dedicated hostings, shared hosting is left only for those who just starts a business and not technically savvy. Usually such person runs a small website which does not need a lot of server resources.
Switching to VPS or dedicated service usually starts from the question: "Will I be able to handle it myself?" And the answer is YES. Most of hosting providers offer a hosting panel installation, same as you used to use with shared hosting (for instance CPanel). And the monthly prices are very reasonable (I don't talk about shared hostings for $2.99) around $60-$70 per month.
As this is a topic about Dedicated servers, I would mention the following advantages:
1. Full control of your box. Better security - as separated from other clients (a lot of shared hostings are vulnerable to hacking, if one website is compromised, all others on the same server are in danger)
2. All the server resources are dedicated only to you (CPU, RAM). Believe me, you will see the difference in website loading speed and response times.
3. Low speed websites hardly accepted by Google Adwords.
4. Also Google is making all websites switching to HTTPS which requires more system resources and with dedicated server you will not have performance issues.
5. Really high bandwith up to 1 Gbits and it is again dedicated solely to you.
6. You don't have problems with IP address blacklisting (emails) as you might have on shared hosting.
7. Dedicated servers are always count as premium service and give you 24/7 support without long waiting times.

This is the list of easy to understand things for those who use shared hosting. Of course dedicated hosting has much more technical advantages but that would be more interesting for the professional system administrators.

From my experience, we were optimising website loading speeds and got a great improvement after switching to dedicated servers. We used gtmetrix and google speed for testing.

Hope this helps ;)

Latest Threads