Our valued sponsor

Transferwise deactivated account to Bankera

Hey there;
I have been following this topic after I found my self here a lot after I was blocked by wise, really great insight, I got Introduced to bankera here and I have been trying to get In for weeks, they requested all my papers looked at all my accounts, It has been a struggle but it's not approved yet,
I have a slight issue and I can use your input
What I did is after I thought my identity verification was enough I transferred a sum of mo ey about 1900€ to my bankera then my wise was deactivated and they also completed thier checks and decided my account will be closed forever, so the question here if I don't pass bankera verification and they reverse or send back that payment where does it go and how will I be able to get my money back does my deactivated virtual details at wise remain active or where does the money go?
My activity in general is working as a freelancer and doing p2p trading with my mining earnings, This was probably the reason I was blocked from wise
I would appreciate your insight
I am from Egypt so the last 10 years were always struggle with such banking services, it's a nightmare.

Hey there;
I have been following this topic after I found my self here a lot after I was blocked by wise, really great insight, I got Introduced to bankerahere and I have been trying to get In for weeks, they requested all my papers looked at all my accounts, It has been a struggle but it's not approved yet,

Bankera does not allow P2P trading, so be careful. If you say that you will buy something on P2P, then they will simply refuse to open an account. And if you don't say it and do it, then you risk getting banned there too.

I tried to open an account with Bankera, but first I asked about P2P and told honestly and openly what I was going to do with my account. I was refused, but no one prevents me from applying again if you change the type of activity.

..wise was deactivated and they also completed thier checks and decided my account will be closed forever..

Wise decided that since they are the most famous, they can block everyone's accounts whenever they want. I have personally been banned for asking support about crypto, because I saw that Wise is the most popular exchange method in any crypto currency exchange. In the letter about the deactivation of my account, there was a link to an item about a crypto exchange business, which I do not have and never had. Without the possibility to send an appeal and understand the situation. Without the possibility to contact the support service. Unable to make a phone call. I think this is the most weird and unfair reaction I ever seen from such big companies.

Bankera does not allow P2P trading, so be careful. If you say that you will buy something on P2P, then they will simply refuse to open an account. And if you don't say it and do it, then you risk getting banned there too.

I tried to open an account with Bankera, but first I asked about P2P and told honestly and openly what I was going to do with my account. I was refused, but no one prevents me from applying again if you change the type of activity.
Well, I told them my intentions, including p2p trading, but I had other reasons too so they said they don’t allow p2p, and asked if knowing this I would like to continue with my application I said ok.
I don’t fully understand how they don’t allow p2p, what I understand is they allow you to transfer from or to exchanges
But does not allowing p2p mean I can’t receive any payments from personal accounts? Or what?
It’s a bit confusing as other services reason is that they don’t allow crypto at all, but what does it mean to not allow P2P and why?
Wise decided that since they are the most famous, they can block everyone's accounts whenever they want. I have personally been banned for asking support about crypto, because I saw that Wise is the most popular exchange method in any crypto currency exchange. In the letter about the deactivation of my account, there was a link to an item about a crypto exchange business, which I do not have and never had. Without the possibility to send an appeal and understand the situation. Without the possibility to contact the support service. Unable to make a phone call. I think this is the most weird and unfair reaction I ever seen from such big companies.
I am very curious how do traders with big volume of transactions manage to use wise, they must be using some masking strategies? Or somehow use multiple accounts? I see people online offering verified wise accounts, could they be using fake IDs to acquire multiple accounts, it’s very interesting, I mean a wise employee could go to a website like Binance open a trade and catch some big fish

Also I wonder why isn’t there any one out there trying to fill this gap providing a services as a p2p solution like wise? Or is it more trouble than it looks?

Wise appeal team are probably AI, you can’t talk to it… yet

I believe most of the people who have troubles with Wise, Bankera and EMI's and get their money frozen are into this P2P but not telling it when they blame these companies!

Well, I told them my intentions, including p2p trading, but I had other reasons too so they said they don’t allow p2p, and asked if knowing this I would like to continue with my application I said ok.
I don’t fully understand how they don’t allow p2p, what I understand is they allow you to transfer from or to exchanges
But does not allowing p2p mean I can’t receive any payments from personal accounts? Or what?
It’s a bit confusing as other services reason is that they don’t allow crypto at all, but what does it mean to not allow P2P and why?

You can receive money from personal accounts. As they themselves explain why they ban P2P, because they can't control who you get money from, so it could be some kind of dirty money, and you yourself might not know it. It's a big risk for them, so they might just give it up.

I am very curious how do traders with big volume of transactions manage to use wise, they must be using some masking strategies? Or somehow use multiple accounts? I see people online offering verified wise accounts, could they be using fake IDs to acquire multiple accounts, it’s very interesting, I mean a wise employee could go to a website like Binance open a trade and catch some big fish

Also I wonder why isn’t there any one out there trying to fill this gap providing a services as a p2p solution like wise? Or is it more trouble than it looks?

Wise appeal team are probably AI, you can’t talk to it… yet

I think high volume traders can mask as some standard business activity as if they sell some product or service to somebody by showing Wise fake bank receipts. I don't understand how other big players can work here and why Wise doesn't catch them.

I believe most of the people who have troubles with Wise, Bankera and EMI's and get their money frozen are into this P2P but not telling it when they blame these companies!

In the case of Wise, it is very difficult to find out about it at all. They very rarely respond in customer support, you have to wait days. They respond with standard phrases from their knowledge base that you can read yourself.

So, they only have this about crypto in their knowledge base:

"You can't send money to a cryptocurrency platform."
When you enter the details of any crypto platform, they simply tell you that they cannot send there, and this is a great solution.

and

"You can receive money to your Wise account from a platform that deals with cryptocurrencies — as long as the platform is regulated and/or supervised in the EU or UK."

How to find out that a crypto platform is regulated in these regions?
The location of the office does not guarantee this. The crypto-platforms themselves do not provide such information.

Does this rule include P2P?
P2P is actually transfers between people, not between a crypto platform and Wise. But this is some kind of indirect transfers, are they allowed? How do people find out about it?

Does it mean that you can accept money from a crypto platform, then you can also accept money from P2P, if they are regulated in the EU and the UK? I don't know the answer.

One more moment. If you even receive money from a regulated crypto platform, then the person who sends you money always violates the rules of Wise, because it is forbidden to send money to crypto platforms.

So it turns out that using P2P in any case violates the Wise rules, so why then is the payment method in P2P of any crypto platform one of the most popular and has a very high liquidity? So is it forbidden or not?

And I was simply banned for such questions to customer support of the Wise without the right to send an appeal. lol

So how not to blame Wise for this?

Reactions: Lincoln Burrows
In the case of Wise, it is very difficult to find out about it at all. They very rarely respond in customer support, you have to wait days. They respond with standard phrases from their knowledge base that you can read yourself.

So, they only have this about crypto in their knowledge base:

"You can't send money to a cryptocurrency platform."
When you enter the details of any crypto platform, they simply tell you that they cannot send there, and this is a great solution.

and

"You can receive money to your Wise account from a platform that deals with cryptocurrencies — as long as the platform is regulated and/or supervised in the EU or UK."

How to find out that a crypto platform is regulated in these regions?
The location of the office does not guarantee this. The crypto-platforms themselves do not provide such information.

Does this rule include P2P?
P2P is actually transfers between people, not between a crypto platform and Wise. But this is some kind of indirect transfers, are they allowed? How do people find out about it?

Does it mean that you can accept money from a crypto platform, then you can also accept money from P2P, if they are regulated in the EU and the UK? I don't know the answer.

One more moment. If you even receive money from a regulated crypto platform, then the person who sends you money always violates the rules of Wise, because it is forbidden to send money to crypto platforms.

So it turns out that using P2P in any case violates the Wise rules, so why then is the payment method in P2P of any crypto platform one of the most popular and has a very high liquidity? So is it forbidden or not?

And I was simply banned for such questions to customer support of the Wise without the right to send an appeal. lol

So how not to blame Wise for this?

I believe I've dealt with you before a couple of times on binance p2p, given that your nickname is the same.

I recently (2 weeks ago) had my 2-years wise account closed and all I received is just a generic mail from a no-reply email that I violated the acceptable use policy.

1. There is no way to contact the concerned department (compliance/fraud or whatever), the only department you can contact in wise is support, and all they say is "this is the decision by our team and the decision is final". Well, I need to contact this team then? Not possible, you can only contact the support team.

2. There was no investigation made, the proper procedure is that the compliance team would contact you to provide further information about the transfer they suspect violating the ToS. But none of that happened. And also you don't know which transfer they suspect.

3. I created a business account too, did a few trades (20) and in a couple of days it was closed too.

I do not use my wise account only for p2p, I use it to receive salary and payments from services I offer (gift cards/translations/motion graphics/copy writing/etc..).

So, the question is, how the f-ck they declared that one of these transfer is for the sake of crypto trading??

My quess, there must be rat from inside the company infiltrating the p2p market.

As of now, I've submitted a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service and looking forward a lawyer/law firm to file a lawsuit against those bastards as I'm not from the UK.

Reactions: ShoropCrypto
I believe I've dealt with you before a couple of times on binance p2p, given that your nickname is the same.

I recently (2 weeks ago) had my 2-years wise account closed and all I received is just a generic mail from a no-reply email that I violated the acceptable use policy.

1. There is no way to contact the concerned department (compliance/fraud or whatever), the only department you can contact in wise is support, and all they say is "this is the decision by our team and the decision is final". Well, I need to contact this team then? Not possible, you can only contact the support team.

2. There was no investigation made, the proper procedure is that the compliance team would contact you to provide further information about the transfer they suspect violating the ToS. But none of that happened. And also you don't know which transfer they suspect.

3. I created a business account too, did a few trades (20) and in a couple of days it was closed too.

I do not use my wise account only for p2p, I use it to receive salary and payments from services I offer (gift cards/translations/motion graphics/copy writing/etc..).

So, the question is, how the f-ck they declared that one of these transfer is for the sake of crypto trading??

My quess, there must be rat from inside the company infiltrating the p2p market.

As of now, I've submitted a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service and looking forward a lawyer/law firm to file a lawsuit against those bastards as I'm not from the UK.

It is relatively easy to find out which of your transaction has been a p2p one, especially if you transact with "famous" p2p traders.
Keep in mind they scan all transactions and put all kind of pattern recognition on it.

It is relatively easy to find out which of your transaction has been a p2p one, especially if you transact with "famous" p2p traders.
Keep in mind they scan all transactions and put all kind of pattern recognition on it.
It's a matter of suspicion rather than actual certainty, and they can't get that without investigation, which didn't happen.
And because they can't prove that an intra-site transfer is sent for the purpose of crypto trading, they simply close the account, knowing that you also can't do anything about it.

You abused their service/violated their ToS and now you're complaining? Some people are just delusional.
You need to work a little bit on your reading skills.

Tip: make sure that you fully read and understood the comment or topic you are attempting to reply to.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry1911
It's a matter of suspicion rather than actual certainty, and they can't get that without investigation, which didn't happen.
And because they can't prove that an intra-site transfer is sent for the purpose of crypto trading, they simply close the account, knowing that you also can't do anything about it.

You need to work a little bit on your reading skills.

Tip: make sure that you fully read and understood the comment or topic you are attempting to reply to.
Of course, with all machine learning endevours it is like that. But it is enough for them to show clients the door.
They apply risk scores to your tx and depending on your peers, that score goes up and they throw people out.
Tw seems very untrustworthy and there are a lot of complaints out there, even with frozen money.

Latest Threads