Our valued sponsor

TransferWise - Debit MasterCard Status?

Mark Rucken

Pro Member
Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
I am trying to figure out debit card status with TransferWise, do they offer cards or not? When I opened account for Delaware LLC, they said cards are not available for me. I thought maybe Delaware was the problem. Then I tried for Cyprus company and I got the same feedback.

Did someone open TransferWise corporate account recently and managed to get debit card? What about private account, is it possible to get one for private account?

When I opened account for Delaware LLC, they said cards are not available for me.

It is your resident country that matters and may not be supported yet.

What about private account, is it possible to get one for private account?

For private accounts they do.

However you may want to read the following links:

MasterCard for Personal Account:
https://transferwise.com/help/18/tr...a-transferwise-debit-mastercard-in-my-country

MasterCard for Business Account:
https://transferwise.com/help/18/tr...transferwise-debit-mastercard-for-my-business

They offer cards and have always done that :D I have not less then 2 from them (private and business card) but I don't use TW much after at the moment.

Reactions: Mark Rucken
Keep in mind that the card is hardcoded as a GBP/UK card even if you think you think it is USD or EUR... ATMs all over the world are going to keep trying to convert GBP<=>local currency and some online services will not recognize it as a native USD/EUR card even if that is the only money you deal with

My Transferwise account was set up with my address in South America which is not supported for cards. Once the account was verified I just found an address in the UK to have the card sent to and changed my address with Transferwise to that address, requested a card and it was sent with no further checks

Reactions: Singa and ontherun
My Transferwise account was set up with my address in South America which is not supported for cards. Once the account was verified I just found an address in the UK to have the card sent to and changed my address with Transferwise to that address, requested a card and it was sent with no further checks
this trick works with Skrill, too

skrill only allows to change the address for current country of the account there and back again for the period of issuing the new card - to change the country you have to pass the standard procedure and provide proof of address
both true. but as we all know. proof of address just means a .pdf file about some fictitious electricity bill with the address you want written somewhere on the top left corner

that's true, it works well if you don't make these changes too often - skrill is clumsy and slow, but not stupid
well, "ontherun", if your statement about FALSE (means: illegal) identification documents - utility bills ARE identification documents - is part of your business "strategy" in general... then, well, doing any business with you should be avoided... - just my opinion...

well, "ontherun", if your statement about FALSE (means: illegal) identification documents - utility bills ARE identification documents - is part of your business "strategy" in general... then, well, doing any business with you should be avoided... - just my opinion...
i only do business with criminals so it doesn't matter to me what " legit people" think about me

Interesting, did you just change the address from the settings? And the debit card option enabled? How long has been since you did that?

Reactions: Singa

This works for private accounts. This will not work for business accounts and is also risky. Risky means you will loose all your TransferWise accounts in worst case (violation of terms).