Our valued sponsor

Transferwize/Borderless account - getting paid

Dubsize

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

would tranferwize block a wire of about USD 15k to a personnal borderless account ?
money would come from a U.S company and would be paid by a U.S bank.

Would they ask questions like source of income, stuff like this ? Anyone has experience in this ?

thanks

I have moved to/from my Borderless account in a few occasions amounts of 20K Euro and no questions asked or anything blocked
Ok, sounds good.
Even incoming money from a corp would not be problematic according to you ?
Also, I have another question - till which amount you would trust them to keep your money, in other words, what's the amount you would leave there?

I had had a client from UK wiring 20K Euro to my Borderless account paying an invoice. A lot depends from where the money comes in. Not sure to what amount to trust them. As mentioned in some earlier threads: check what bank the EMI has an account with. If the back bonde bank is solid, that is a big plus for the EMI I would say. So far I have had a very good experience with Transferwise but things can change rapidly. I would trust them with 100K max right now.

Yes that is weird, assuming you have a legit business. My guess is that they have algorithms that pick out these accounts based on turnover, no. of transactions etc. But more weird is that they dont give an explanation for closing.

Only good experiences here, lots of USD to EUR transfers, direct ACH USD etc. 5 figures per transaction no problems at all. Only coming from reputable US banks though. No problems of wiring the converted EURs along to Revolut Business either.

Latest Threads