Our valued sponsor

Twitter rolls out bitcoin tipping, safety features in product push

*Payment service availability and features vary by region. When tipping you’ll be subject to the third-party platform’s terms.
and here they are:
(a) Fees Associated with the Services. There is no cost to you to create an Account. We do not currently charge fees for any Services; however, we reserve the right to do so in the future, and in such case any applicable fees will be shown to you at the time of or prior to your confirmation of a transaction to which a fee applies. Transactions on the Bitcoin Network or the Lightning Network may incur fees, which will be passed on to you. Such fees will be displayed to you on the Services. Strike reserves the right to pass on fees charged by Third-Party Partners to you.

Strike transaction fee​

Strike does not charge transaction fees to users for its services.

On-chain fees​

On-chain fees are fees paid to miners to support and secure the transactions on the Bitcoin network. For these transactions, Strike passes the miner fee on to users.

Lightning network fees​

Lightning network fees cost a few cents per transaction at most, and often less. For this reason, you may want to use Lightning to carry out transactions where possible. For Lightning transactions, Strike passes on Lightning fees to users.

in the twitter video it seems around ~1% fees?

Reactions: uplana
Strike.me provides technology for this. They finally give bitcoin the kind of money transfer features that were hoped for/promised already back in 2013. I don't think fees will be a problem. Twitter's Jack Dorsey is a long-term bitcoin advocate, so this makes sense. Pending actual details about this service, I would classify this as good news.