Our valued sponsor

UK LLP or Limited Company to enable Stripe payments for my UAE registered store?

ecowarrior

Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Happened to discover this forum only yesterday while I was working on incorporating a company in the UK. Lot of interesting discussions on here! :)
I'm kind of not sure if an LLP or Limited Company structure would best suit my requirement. Did some research online and also spoke with Rapid Incorporation, but was unable to find the best route to proceed.

I have got a lifestyle business incorporated in the UAE with the sales channel being purely via my brand's online store and will be selling worldwide. Considering the limited availability of payment gateway providers in the region, I spoke with Stripe and they confirmed that they would be happy to grant an account to my UK company regardless of the structure. Naturally, I'm neither a resident nor a citizen of the UK.

My understanding is that as a UK LLP, I would not be liable to corporation tax in the UK - but, as a Director/Shareholder, I may be liable to income tax on dividends. Would this be applicable given my residence status? I plan on routing Stripe payouts to my TransferWise GBP account, and ultimately withdrawing to my GBP account in the UAE.

Any suggestions on what would be the best structure to avoid having to pay any taxes (corporation or personal) in the UK? Also, I understand that with a UK LLP or Limited Company, I would ideally need to file annual accounts - how do I go about this when I would be moving earnings from my UK TW account to my UAE bank account?

Appreciate any help and guidance.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I think the idea of the LLP is that you don´t pay any taxes in the UK, if you don´t have any activity in the UK. Ie. you are personally taxed in UAE at 0%.

To be eligible for a Stripe account you will have to be a resident in any Stripe supported country(ie. UAE is not supported). So you would need to get yourself
some documents from any Stripe supported country.

Reactions: ecowarrior
To be eligible for a Stripe account you will have to be a resident in any Stripe supported country
This is not correct.

othjxs.png

Reactions: ecowarrior

Latest Threads