Our valued sponsor

us bank account with 'foreign qualification' ?

dpastco

Advance Member
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
ok, so I have been talking to some consultants, and they are telling me the following:

... best way to proceed is to open the SOMEWHERE LLC and then foreign register that LLC in Florida. This will allow you to open a US bank account ...

I researched the 'foreign qualification' and imo it's about something else. They are also the first ones who ever suggested that and I don't really believe them.

Has anyone more information on that? (I'd love to avoid the delaware llc)

Reactions: JohnLocke
Usually it requires that you have a SSN (social security number) in order to open an account in the US! OR you need someone to do the underwriting for you which is difficult to find as it seems.

It means someone will open the account for you. He / She will be responsible for any transactions on the account.

you are talking business account now, not private, or? private accounts are no problem whatsoever w/o ssn.

are you aware if banks would open the account with a local underwriter also for offshore llcs? (that would work for me)

there is no difference here, the bank will require a SSN number for the UBO of the company!

great, thank you @Milky Moon that's at least something for most of us. It could be of great interest for many I think if someone will try with an LLC and post here.

The problem with Everbank is that will only open an account when you buy one of their investment products. This will make you automatically liable for US taxes. You do not want the IRS to be interested in you.

If you choose to bank in the US, sign-up for a -non-interest baring current account. No interest = No income = No IRS = A happy life.

I am not really sure, but are you guys talking about personal accounts or business accounts?

because personal accounts are no problem whatsoever. get a local address (I use postscanmail). You dont need in ITIN at all for that and it is not restricted to some smaller banks, BofA, Chase, ... I wasn't declined once, In/Out half an hour. (of course you need to visit)

I'll be damned.

So, I digged into the foreign registration thing, and it really is possible to do a 'foreign qualification' for an non-US entity.

I looked at the official forms in Florida for registering a LLC and corporation
http://form.sunbiz.org/pdf/cr2e027.pdf
http://form.sunbiz.org/pdf/cr2e007.pdf

"If the certificate is in a foreign language, ..." or from second one
"State or country under the law of which it is incorporated"

The question of course remains, if banks would open an account. But you pretty much have a locally registered LLC, if they would open an account for a local LLC, why not for a registered one. Those calls should be easier than Puerto Rico tough.

Seems bizarre to want to put yourself at the mercy of the US by having any financials connections to it. However people have their reasons I suppose and want that sort of risk.

Latest Threads