Our valued sponsor

US LLC and PayPal fee problem

Parabola

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Guys,

I just need clarification on one question.

I have opened US LLC and I have opened PayPal business account while I was physically present in my home country in Europe. Now, PayPal is charging me 4.4% or something like that every time I receive money from my US clients and I was thinking that it is going to be 2.9%(+ $0.30 flat).
I asked PayPal support why is that happening and they told me its because I have created PayPal business account in my country and not in the US where is my business located. So, it looks to me right now that I have to close that account and open new one in US.

So my question is, can I open it from my home country, while having VPN turned on this time, with USA IP address? Does PayPal have some system that can find out that I have opened an account with VPN and not being actually in the states when opening it? Do you have any experience with this?

Thank you.

Not sure if this will work, because you already "burn" your LLC data, if you try, get any residential IP, not regular VPN.
On regular use, dont care much about if you have 2FA, but when registering maybe not, to avoid "tricks". Maybe anyone knows, but take care.

Anyway would be nice you share your progress on it.

Please read my first comment one more time. I know that, just the charge is 4.4% for USA transactions then. I don't want 4.4%, I want 2.9% fee. So, to do that, I was told that I need to open/create an account in USA, so with the USA IP address. That is why I am asking can I just create it with a VPN or I need to fly to USA to open it while physically present in USA.

Yes, I know what you wrote. We never tried to use a US IP to apply for Paypal. If you are using a normal vpn, it is very likely the IP will be flagged as a datacenter IP, which defeats the purpose of "masking" the origin. If you really want to be 100% safe, you should use a residential ip vpn. However, like I said, we don't use VPN to register a US Paypal account.

Can I ask what is the charge for every time you receive money from your client?

I would assume that you have a US business and US clients ofcourse. They are charging me around 4.4% every time I receive money from US client and PayPal support told me its because I created an account outside of US. If I want to be at 2.9%, they told that I need to open it in USA. After that I can use it outside of US with 2.9% charge, the only important thing is to create it in USA. That is what they told me.

Can I ask what is the charge for every time you receive money from your client?

I would assume that you have a US business and US clients ofcourse. They are charging me around 4.4% every time I receive money from US client and PayPal support told me its because I created an account outside of US. If I want to be at 2.9%, they told that I need to open it in USA. After that I can use it outside of US with 2.9% charge, the only important thing is to create it in USA. That is what they told me.
Yes, you are correct, US Paypal receiving from US Paypal customer is the cheapest.

So does anyone knows is it even possible to create a US PayPal business account if you are a non resident? It looks like PayPal is asking for SSN.
you can buy a simple stealth account for this useless service.

Latest Threads