Our valued sponsor

US LLC + Mercury + Virtual Address

We have already formed a US LLC for non-residents with a Virtual Address and Registered Agent. I'm moving forward to open a bank account in Mercury and then apply for Paypal, stripe with mercury. What bothers me is do mercury, PayPal & stripe demands proof of address? I also have my ITIN approved by IRS. I'm not a US resident nor I have visited USA or planned to visit in near future.

Do I really need a physical address in USA with a lease agreement or utility bills? Or Virtual address of the registered agent will work?

Last edited:
How you got your ITIN and how much did it cost you?

PayPal is hard to open. They'll ask for id verification down the road and expect to see a driver id.

Mercury is fine with non residents but you might get rejected for your business or if you don't do business with US customers/companies as I've heard.

Stripe was the easiest and least restrict among the above from my experience and the people I know.

Mercury is ONLY for non-residents. From their website BELOW. >>>

What do I need to apply for an account?

You’ll need a U.S. company with a federal EIN, your company’s official formation documents, and a picture of your government ID (e.g. a passport or US driver’s license).

Can I open an account if I’m not physically in the United States or a United States resident?

Yes, we’re proud to support U.S. companies founded by people all across the globe. You can open your account right from your laptop without needing to visit the U.S.There are a few exceptions. We can’t currently open accounts for founders living in the following countries: Belarus, Burundi, Central African Republic, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Nicaragua, North Korea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.We’d love to support residents of more countries over time, so let us know at [email protected] if you live in one of the above countries and we’ll let you know if anything changes.

What companies will you accept as customers?

We can accept most U.S. companies that aren’t money services businesses or involved with adult entertainment, marijuana or internet gambling. Our product is geared towards tech companies, so it might not be the best fit for some other businesses, especially ones that frequently deal with physical cash. We also can't open accounts for sole proprietors or trusts.

So, if you're into BOOBS and stuff have a website selling s/w on standby...HIHY (Hope It Helps You). Great business Op for anyway leasing "Customer-branded" w/sites out as Cover with "Traffic/TF/DA and all that SERP jazz in the right places).

We have already formed a US LLC for non-residents with a Virtual Address and Registered Agent. I'm moving forward to open a bank account in Mercury and then apply for Paypal, stripe with mercury. What bothers me is do mercury, PayPal & stripe demands proof of address? I also have my ITIN approved by IRS. I'm not a US resident nor I have visited USA or planned to visit in near future.

Do I really need a physical address in USA with a lease agreement or utility bills? Or Virtual address of the registered agent will work?
Well, you could try Wells Fargo over phone if you have an ITIN

ITIN is a tricky one for NON-residents:
the cheapest way.1. Valid Passport apostelled=is to use the USA embassy / consultae service costs about $50, with return post (allow 2 weeks) 2. Apply for ITIN with documents received from the embassy (Texas) takes 7-8 weeks. <<< Better than sending your passport off as "original " in the post to Texas and back for 8 weeks.
Not cheap way, use a certified agent $200-$500. But the agent still needs to see a passport, some these days, will be happy with a photo, BUT not all 'Agents are the same' so case by case. That's it in a nutshell, no REAL shortcuts, and NO I have NO ITIN service to taut or any service for that matter. As always DO your own field work and research it well, esp. anything concerning your passport moving around in envelopes.

Reactions: Ryanab
ITIN is a tricky one for NON-residents:
the cheapest way.1. Valid Passport apostelled=is to use the USA embassy / consultae service costs about $50, with return post (allow 2 weeks) 2. Apply for ITIN with documents received from the embassy (Texas) takes 7-8 weeks. <<< Better than sending your passport off as "original " in the post to Texas and back for 8 weeks.
Not cheap way, use a certified agent $200-$500. But the agent still needs to see a passport, some these days, will be happy with a photo, BUT not all 'Agents are the same' so case by case. That's it in a nutshell, no REAL shortcuts, and NO I have NO ITIN service to taut or any service for that matter. As always DO your own field work and research it well, esp. anything concerning your passport moving around in envelopes.
An ITIN doesn't make tax liable in the US all the sudden right? Let's say I manage to open a bank account under that ITIN while still residing and living outside of the US.

Reactions: Jonathan169
what is your country of res
An ITIN doesn't make tax liable in the US all the sudden right? Let's say I manage to open a bank account under that ITIN while still residing and living outside of the US.
No. But to keep the ITIN you need to file at least once in 3 years even a zero return, otherwise the number auto-lapses [expires-and you have to reapply]. Your "USTax" return depends on your taxable activities- LLC/DBA etc.... if any. I would recommend zero returns as they establish intent if you have nothing to "hide", and get a US CPA to do them $50-$200.

No. But to keep the ITIN you need to file at least once in 3 years even a zero return, otherwise the number auto-lapses [expires-and you have to reapply]. Your "USTax" return depends on your taxable activities- LLC/DBA etc.... if any. I would recommend zero returns as they establish intent if you have nothing to "hide", and get a US CPA to do them $50-$200.
Interesting thanks for the infos, i know you're not selling anything but can you recommend a reliable agent that provides ITIN setup services for non-us citizens ? (Or the one you did go with) thx

Reactions: Jonathan169

Latest Threads