Our valued sponsor

Utopia - messanger someone used is?

lory

Mentor Group Lifetime
Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Seen this AD from Utopia for some time but no one is really discussing their service.

I wonder if someone know more about this service and if it is worth to try, how does it work compared to Telegram, Proton- mail/VPN or HideMyAss ?

Can I get some input from some of the pros around here?

Reactions: uplana and GameBoy
The best client that is widely used is Element.io - Element | Secure collaboration and messaging

It is particularly and increasingly used by open source projects.

Since it is open source and you can host your own server, it is better than something like Telegram, which is not really open sources and we don't know what is going on on their servers.

I am not an expert in this field, but I have been told that someone who is that Element is very good. But he said there is one thing they need to improve.

But on privacy of private messages, you first want to get off Android or iPhone. The popular choices are GrapheneOS and CalyxOs. And then only install apps from the open source store they use (f-Droid). You can install other apps, but they may not work and most apps are brimming with trackers. Graphene and CalyxOS are easy to install. I think you can find places that sell it pre-installed. They only work on a small number of phones.

Then, you will want to communicate with people who have also dumped Android/Apple; and use Element. Trying to do anything with privacy on Android/Apple is a waste of time. See:

And consider this ten years our of date.

If you are using a computer, use a noob version like Ubuntu or Mate. If you are like me and like the old Window 95 layout, get the versions with Mate.

People are often averse to making these changes, but these OSs are quite easy to use and are much less problematic than Windows. Just give it time to get used to the interface. If don't know how to do something, Presearch - How to do this on Ubunutu.

The best VPN is Mysterium, which is decentralised, and so it's not feasible to track you via it.

Reactions: uplana
I want to try the utopia but has anyone a review about them ?

Looks pretty sketchy, I would stay away from it. If you want an encrypted chat just use qtox or something similar, which is open source and offers the same if not better encryption.
Do you mind to elaborate on what it is that make you suspicious about them?

Do you mind to elaborate on what it is that make you suspicious about them?
- The website looks from the 2000s (nothing bad about it, just not really common)
- The software looks, well, from the 2000s too.
- They claim to be the safest and best way to communicate and whatever yet all the software is closed source
- They claim they use advanced encryption algorithms and that everything is super secure but there's almost 0 technical information besides saying they use AES. They don't explain why their system is secure, they just say it is. This should be the biggest flag.
- They use their own DNS system. They say it can't be controlled and that it's implemented in a secure way, but again, no proof of any of that so basically they could just be sending you to their own servers cloning other websites to steal your data.
- Their crypto is only exchanged in one shady exchange and the volume is pretty much nonexistent (With $1000 you can tank the price 50%)
- Their other crypto (Utopia USD) is advertised on the site but has never been used. They claim it's backed by $1M DAI but they just link an address holding $1M DAI, nothing related to Utopia there.
- Their crypto has a total of 294784 transactions in total and less than 30 on average per day (in the last few months). Most of those transactions are probably from the creators themselves.
- The company running it is registered in the UK on a registered office (one of those where you pay $50 a month and there are tons of companies registered to the same address). It was also formed by two Seychelles IBCs
- The creator apparently calls himself Crypto Cat
- "Over the past 6 years, a group of developers united by a common and global mission has created this perfect and exceptional product for you". Mysterious developers led by a guy named Crypto Cat on a mission to develop a perfect product for YOU. Not sketchy at all. This phrase should be enough to stay away.
- Take a look at the videos here and don't tell me it doesn't look like a scam -> Watch - Utopia P2P Ecosystem
- They claim they care about privacy yet they're tracking website visitors using matomo

And probably more stuff can be found

Latest Threads