Our valued sponsor

VP Bank Liechtenstein & AEOI - information exchange, be aware!!

blowfish

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
aeoi-liechtenstein.jpg

This is coming handy when you are looking for secret and private banking for instant in Liechtenstein https://www.vpbank.li/data/docs/en_LI/4365/50-Automatic-exchange-of-information-en.pdf as you may read :

Since the Liechtenstein Declaration of 12 March 2009, the Liechtenstein financial sector has been committed to implementing the exchange of tax information on the basis of a global standard. In recent months, efforts to ensure tax transparency at international level have intensified. The intention of going forward is to replace the many bilateral and multilateral agreements with a common standard for the automatic exchange of information (AEOI).
/monthly_2015_08/aeoi-liechtenstein.jpg.7e6dcb7e7c4826a65144a145a43ac5fe.jpg

Not for long time ago someone actually suggested us to partner with this bank in order to provide their banking services to our clients, now we are thankful that we didn't do so since it won't be worth the hassle to go through the entire process.

I'm glad I googled for VP Bank to find this forum again, I had totally forgot about it but thanks to this post I found it again :D I have been a customer of VP Bank since 2012 and can say that they are 100% discrete in regards to all matters. Reading their announcment did scare me for sure and I consider other banks now!

If they are really going to share information of account holder in VP bank like that I don't understand who is still banking there? what sense does it make for any of the account holders in this bank? Could it be that existing customers are not affected at all?

This is really damn bad news. I have been a happy account holder with them since a few years but ill go and find other banking solutions now!

Reactions: happyjohn
I'm glad I googled for VP Bank to find this forum again' date=' I had totally forgot about it but thanks to this post I found it again :D I have been a customer of VP Bank since 2012 and can say that they are 100% discrete in regards to all matters. Reading their announcment did scare me for sure and I consider other banks now![/quote']
Google is your friend more than what you often like :) even though it don't comes to an suprise that Lichtenstein, Swiss and most other offshore jurisdictions got troubles with their banking secrecy. Even Cyprus has been forced to agree to share information about US citizens.

Google is your friend more than what you often like :) even though it don't comes to an suprise that Lichtenstein, Swiss and most other offshore jurisdictions got troubles with their banking secrecy. Even Cyprus has been forced to agree to share information about US citizens.
You will always need to keep you informed by searching relevant media sites, OECD public website and other sourced to avoid to get into trouble.