Our valued sponsor

Question What are the implications of registering a company with "made-up" residency?

bibing

May 7, 2017
Visit site
This is the scenario:

Let's say somebody incorporates a company in HK or UAE or Singapore.

Passport from Spain.

If he/she declares he is resident in Philippines (to avoid any AEOI/CRS stuff), without being really one anymore, what could be the chances the Spanish gov finds out?
Is there a chance the HK/Singapore/UAE finds out?

Honestly, everybody freaked out back in 2016 about AEOI.... Till date I still don't know of any case of people having trouble with the tax office of their own EU country.

This is the scenario:

Let's say somebody incorporates a company in HK or UAE or Singapore.

Passport from Spain.

If he/she declares he is resident in Philippines (to avoid any AEOI/CRS stuff), without being really one anymore, what could be the chances the Spanish gov finds out?
Is there a chance the HK/Singapore/UAE finds out?

Honestly, everybody freaked out back in 2016 about AEOI.... Till date I still don't know of any case of people having trouble with the tax office of their own EU country.

It's what you declare to the bank when opening the corporate account that means anything. You can just say that you are a residence anywhere, as long as you can back it up it they ask for more information, most banks doesn't ask for more information. AEOI/CRS is not that big of a deal, easy to solve.

Reactions: bibing
Try to read annual report of your taxman, they often reveal numbers about automatic exchange and things you can't read anywhere else. Automatic exchange (CRS/FATCA) is real and people have real problems with unreported income/gains abroad.

Reactions: bibing
An utility bill and a made up tin
In this case a made up utility bill and a real "old" TIN

The only way for not worrying at all is to pay your taxes.
If you mean pay your taxes in Philippines that would be OK...

The difficult thing in EU is to justify you have a company abroad without having an entire organizations there (office, employees, etc. ).

If you mean pay your taxes in Philippines that would be OK...

The difficult thing in EU is to justify you have a company abroad without having an entire organizations there (office, employees, etc. ).
of course you can’t and you should pay taxes for the company in the EU country where you live/manage the company from

People publicizing being caught by the taxman is not something many would choose to do. You pay the fine move on and hope your neighbors don't find out what you did.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe