Our valued sponsor

What Combo Suits My Case? Offshore Incorporation? Offshore Banks?

Kid Point

Aug 20, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

It's so nice to be here. I was looking for a forum like this for ages.

Here is my case:

I'm from Mozambique (yes, in Africa) and I own an e-commerce and affiliate marketing business that I project to make $30k/month. For the affiliate marketing business, I receive payments from the banks of the affiliate networks as they have no restrictions on sending money to my mozambican bank account.

For the e-commerce business is another story. I have been struggling to find a payment process to accept me and my business model. Most of them, do not work with companies from Mozambique. The e-commerce model is legit though, no it's not dropshipping. We have a warehouse in china and deal with the manufacturers for some of our branded products and ship it worldwide from China. I have contacted a dozen of pp and none is willing to work with us. I want to work with any payment processor that I can integrate with clickfunnels or shopify for a transparent checkout to boost my sales. The list is stripe, bluesnap, 2checkout, braintree, easypaydirect, etc and still get the taxes benefits. And for that I need to have a company in one of their accepted countries. I have just been in Portugal, I have a company set up there. But the banking setup is taking ages and they keep asking me a lot of questions for KYC and my business models (I'm doing it with Eurobic Bank)? I'm already thinking of other alternatives in case this falls through.

My government doesn't tax me for the income earned outside Mozambique. We have laws here but they don't follow them and the tax system is so flawed and very underdeveloped.

What is your recommendation for my case? Let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks

Reactions: negon and JohnLocke
I would have setup a UK or Cyprus company for this purpose, so you are able to open an EMI account or something that can receive the payment from the processor. By opening a EU entity you will have a broad choice of payment service providers by hand.

This is still no guarantee that they will open an account or accept your business but it's a good starting point!

Reactions: Kid Point
Thanks for your reply Auric.

Is Malta or Ireland viable options, on a tax perspective?

Did a bit of research and find how about their attractive corporate tax rates?

My other concern is finding a country to open a bank account remotely, is UK or Cyprus the case or I would have to fly there?

Thanks so much

You want to check this thread as well, about estonian e-residency has been discussed a lot here in the past.

Cyprus should still be an option if you setup a Cyprus company! I have not get any confirmation yet that they have changed this in Cyprus.