Our valued sponsor

What is the deal with bank statements?

Bank statement confirms that you have a valid account with licensed financial instituon. Presumably you have already passed clients verification procedure of at least one financial body.
Most of the statements confirm also your personal/company details and address.
I don't think there is a prescribed procedure one bank to call another for such confirmation. Certainly all the bank within respective jurisdiction have unified system for risk clients and credit reporting.

sometimes you are asked to wire one euro from that account to the account you are trying to open.
yeah, it's something most of the banks I have been in contact with and which are located in Europe have asked for. I don't know, but this wasn't like this for just 3 years ago, it seems it is a way for easy verification.

So if I got the bank account verified by wiring 1EUR or something from the bank statement's bank account, then would it be a problem if I funded the initial amount (aka the minimum deposit) from another bank account?

No bank will call and question a statement as no bank discusses your account with a third-party unless its local regulators or you have given permission. If the statement looks fake they may ask for bank reference and follow up the reference.

No bank will call and question a statement as no bank discusses your account with a third-party unless its local regulators or you have given permission. If the statement looks fake they may ask for bank reference and follow up the reference.
second that, most often they will ask for additional information or documents if they doubt the documents and information already provided.

Reactions: buenosdias
Yes it s about the verification, it means that the bank who provided the statement has already checked your documents.
Most of emi or bank don't accept statement from emi's.
Yes fake statement work if it s done well and no they won't call the third party bank to check if it s a true or fake statement.
Good luck

Latest Threads