Our valued sponsor

What is the safest country to open an offshore?

DarkMonza

Jan 24, 2019
Visit site
Hey, guys,
Please, I wanted to know safe countries to open an offshore and be able to transfer high values of $ (supposedly between 50-500K) to there without worrying.

If possible, safe countries with a reasonable degree of privacy. It is not the focus, but privacy and security are important.

If anyone would like to suggest a specific bank, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.

This question has been asked on this forum a dozen of times. You want to use Google search to find all the threads.

You want to split the volume into several accounts to be sure to stay under the radar. You can't do this using one single account without to run the risk to provide a lot of documents later on.

Reactions: stefpdt
Just to deposit money in a bank account for safekeeping? I would focus on specific banks just as much as the countries. A bad bank in a good jurisdiction is still a bad choice. Likewise, a good bank in a bad jurisdiction can be a disaster.

If you're serious about protecting your wealth, take the time to research the credit rating, liquidity, and product risks of different banks (should be in their financial statements). Couple this with similar data points about the jurisdictions.

All that said, people with these types of questions often end up in Switzerland or Singapore with one of the big commercial banks or, with the right amount, the smaller private banks.

Some would argue that Lebanese banks are the most resilient since they have survived financial crises and war. Some would say those people are crazy. Decent banking secrecy, though.

If possible, safe countries with a reasonable degree of privacy. It is not the focus, but privacy and security are important.

Yes I know the full story it was a joke btw :confused:

All that said, people with these types of questions often end up in Switzerland or Singapore with one of the big commercial banks or, with the right amount, the smaller private banks.

Some would argue that Lebanese banks are the most resilient since they have survived financial crises and war. Some would say those people are crazy. Decent banking secrecy, though.

Thank you
Switzerland really looks like a great option.
As Darkster mentioned, I will try to open more than one bank account to split the money between different accounts.

Hey, guys,
Please, I wanted to know safe countries to open an offshore and be able to transfer high values of $ (supposedly between 50-500K) to there without worrying.

Thank you for your help.

Your answer is Georgia. No exchange of information with nobody, no world check, high liquidity, excellent debit card service, excellent third parties on USD, EUR and GBP.

In the end you need just your passport to open your bank account.

Problem with Georgia right now is anti-Russian and government protests. Russia could flatten the country again and Georgia will start again from zero because of their citizens overreaction and failure to see the bigger picture :rolleyes:.

So right now I would not say Georgia is safe it could be at war at any moment if tensions rise with Russia.