WoWNull

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Hello,
i want to know what type of license i need to implement the following service

Project A
Doing venture capital or hedge fund for crypto projects

Project B
Investment company, where we will collect money from investors ( Fiat/Crypto ) and we will manage the assets for buying crypto investing in crypto assets doing all these things and give them an APR % on monthly bases

what i want to know the name of the licenses it self so i can search in which country i can take it

also if someone know if these can be obtain in UAE will be even much better

if someone have full details on this like of prices and capital requirements etc.. will be even the best option so we can have a call on this.

Just to clarify, even though Cyprus is indeed a good jurisdictions for your business, it would not fall under the CASP regime, but instead under the funds regime. As pooling funds from investors to invest on the basis of a specific investment policy falls under the funds regime, not under CASPs.

Hello,

Project A

Project B
Investment company, where we will collect money from investors ( Fiat/Crypto ) and we will manage the assets for buying crypto investing in crypto assets doing all these things and give them an APR % on monthly bases

what i want to know the name of the licenses it self so i can search in which country i can take it

if someone have full details on this like of prices and capital requirements etc.. will be even the best option so we can have a call on this.
Who will be the investors? companies, private individuals, and in which jurisdictions?
What will be the average ticket size?

What is your approximate budget?

Estonia, Malta, and Gibraltar are the most mature legislations. Speak with lawyers there to see if your model fits.

I think Gibraltar might be the closest match for you but it's worth looking into all three.
thanks bro i will take a lok
Steer clear of Yanks! They bring a host of issues, not least expensive lawyers.
thanks for the suggestion, i will try to reach them this week
Cyprus has implemented the "Crypto Asset Service Providers" l3gislayion which is ideal for your described 2nd scenario.
hmmm not sure a lot of my friends they dont suggest Cyprus but i will look on it
Just to clarify, even though Cyprus is indeed a good jurisdictions for your business, it would not fall under the CASP regime, but instead under the funds regime. As pooling funds from investors to invest on the basis of a specific investment policy falls under the funds regime, not under CASPs.
i need to check the rules about CASP and see how it does fit for me
Who will be the investors? companies, private individuals, and in which jurisdictions?
What will be the average ticket size?

What is your approximate budget?
1 - currently will be private, the one we have now are from UAE and KSA, but we are not limited to that.
2 - one of the investors in the waiting list are accepting to provide 5M USD.
3 - no budget, we are in the research stage and still we dont have a clear idea, the estimated that i have in my mind around 250k USD so not sure if there is capitel required to be deposit in bank or something.

dont forget these investors will send us as FIAT not crypto.

Hello,

Project A

Project B

I did extensive research and a pilot project a year ago doing exactly that regarding your Project B.

You need about a 500k Euro upfront capital to start with a clear structure in EU. This composes of capital, legal, AMLO, license etc.
It can be done more cheaply as well but it will be more hacky and being dependent on 3d parties and their licenses.

UAE is only good if the bunch of your clients are from UAE. If you dabble in EU, you need EU license, if UK an UK one.

Last edited:
Reactions: WoWNull
You need about a 500k Euro upfront capital to start with a clear structure in EU. This composes of capital, legal, AMLO, license etc.
It can be done more cheaply as well but it will be more hacky and being dependent on 3d parties and their licenses.

UAE is only good if the bunch of your clients are from UAE. If you dabble in EU, you need EU license, if UK an UK one.
Can you tell me the name of these license i need to obtain and which country you choose in EU?!

for UAE its ok i can do it but the issue the law still not define for crypto fund and investment, so not sure if i can just do the fund to collect the money as normal fund and they get a normal sell/buy crypto
then internally i do the investments on our own strategy and then sell crypto to fiat and give it to client if that can work then possible but not sure if that fully legal, but this is the option i found yesterday in UAE if i can do it.

@WoWNull As long as your not personally behind the structure or involved you may make progress. As you know the passport you have matters in these affairs my friend :confused:.

P.S Just trying to make sure you don't waste your time.

@WoWNull As long as your not personally behind the structure or involved you may make progress. As you know the passport you have matters in these affairs my friend :confused:.

P.S Just trying to make sure you don't waste your time.
well i will be involve but will not add my name to any of it T-T as you said the passport issue will just screw the things, that's why the people will be like director or main responsible and legally authorized holding powerful passport like UAE nationalities and some holding Caribbean passports.

Reactions: Martin Everson
Even collecting those funds in crypto? maybe the cy casp license would be necessary too to transfer the final benefits to fiat?
And what will say the CY banks to that model?

Even collecting those funds in crypto? maybe the cy casp license would be necessary too to transfer the final benefits to fiat?
And what will say the CY banks to that model?
You mean pooling funds from investors in crypto? That would still fall under the investmebt funds regime, not under casp. However, if you would be exchanging the crypto to fiat internally i.e. acting as a crypto exchange, then a separate casp registration for this lart would potentially be required.

You mean pooling funds from investors in crypto? That would still fall under the investmebt funds regime, not under casp. However, if you would be exchanging the crypto to fiat internally i.e. acting as a crypto exchange, then a separate casp registration for this lart would potentially be required.
Yes, for instance, 99 people (retail investors) from my private group send $1000 each in USDT (stablecoin crypto) to one crypto wallet that I control. I send the same amount in crypto to the same wallet that I control. ALL OF THEM PASS A KYC. I use that $100.000 to sign a contract and purchase tokens from a crypto project private sale with special conditions of time and time of delivery. Tokens that are not launched yet, and that will be launched in 60 days. Exactly as a venture capital fund does always. After those 60 days I start receiving the agreed tokens, and I will be receiving them during the next 10 months, for instance. Each and every time I receive tokens in that mani wallet, I share them with the 99 other retail investors, and they may choose to sell them at the chosen Crypto Exchange at the IDO launch price or to hold them. Until here, I think it is clear that it falls under the investment funds regime, not under casp, but obviously, as I get a % fee from each private presale i offer to those 99 members, sooner or later I will need to be able to transfer that money (or part) to FIAT. So even with that separate casp registration will I have problems with the bank?

By the way, thanks a lot for your reply!

Reactions: ReMida and WoWNull
Yes, for instance, 99 people (retail investors) from my private group send $1000 each in USDT (stablecoin crypto) to one crypto wallet that I control. I send the same amount in crypto to the same wallet that I control. ALL OF THEM PASS A KYC. I use that $100.000 to sign a contract and purchase tokens from a crypto project private sale with special conditions of time and time of delivery. Tokens that are not launched yet, and that will be launched in 60 days. Exactly as a venture capital fund does always. After those 60 days I start receiving the agreed tokens, and I will be receiving them during the next 10 months, for instance. Each and every time I receive tokens in that mani wallet, I share them with the 99 other retail investors, and they may choose to sell them at the chosen Crypto Exchange at the IDO launch price or to hold them. Until here, I think it is clear that it falls under the investment funds regime, not under casp, but obviously, as I get a % fee from each private presale i offer to those 99 members, sooner or later I will need to be able to transfer that money (or part) to FIAT. So even with that separate casp registration will I have problems with the bank?

If you are interested about Cyprus I am happy to discuss by PM and maybe set up a call to discuss.

With respect to banks please note that in all scenarios mentioned Cyprus banks are rejecting anything relating to cryptos, so you would need a foreign crypto-friendly bank in any event

thats looks interesting because i am doing the same thing but not with 99 persons but with few people which they are my friends and friends like face to face people i sit and talk with them.
so we didnt do any official license for such

but what we want to do to scale it where same as you that require KYC etc..

but what i understand that Cyprus as @CyprusLaw mentioned banks are not crypto friendly, and here where it become complicated.

in my case the large scale i want that investors will send me FIAT, and from my side will buy crypto do the rest, back to FIAT send their shares etc..

so not sure if such can work with Cyprus

thats looks interesting because i am doing the same thing but not with 99 persons but with few people which they are my friends and friends like face to face people i sit and talk with them.
so we didnt do any official license for such

but what we want to do to scale it where same as you that require KYC etc..

but what i understand that Cyprus as @CyprusLaw mentioned banks are not crypto friendly, and here where it become complicated.

in my case the large scale i want that investors will send me FIAT, and from my side will buy crypto do the rest, back to FIAT send their shares etc..

so not sure if such can work with Cyprus
What @CyprusLaw is sayung, is that this could work, but you need to set up a fund instead and find a crypto friendly bank to accomodate your requirements. It ia rather doable though, even through a Cyprus set up.

Am I right that the CY fund would pay 12.5% corporate tax on trading profits if a company, but then no Cyprus dividend or witholding tax for non-resident or non-domiciled investors? Else the fund can be a partnership and be tax neutral for investors?

What about book keeping if a fund trades BTC -> XRP -> ETH -> LTC -> BNB -> ADA etc? Does it have to be accounted for "per trade" in EUR, or is it enough to track the income, distributions and changes in NAV?

Estonia, Malta, and Gibraltar are the most mature legislations. Speak with lawyers there to see if your model fits.
do you have a recommendation to what lawyer to use?

Reactions: Mda

Latest Threads